Daggerfall with gamepad

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Zeljko
    Participant

Has anyone tried playing Daggerfall with gamepad?
    I tried using the mgc file from Al ex. I’ve changed to the mouse view in Options, set my right stick on gamepad as mouse, it worked. I’ve set L1, R1 to widgets like Chop, Swing and when I press either one of them, camera goes in some directions for some reason. Anyone can help? Thanks.

Zeljko
    Participant

Is anyone here actually? lol
    Help? ?

Al ex
    Keymaster

Lol, happy New Year! ?
    Not quite sure why that is. In theory, the widget should behave just the same if bound to a gamepad button.
    Maybe if you tweak the target widgets’ coordinates, it’ll help…?
    I’m not at home currently, so I can’t test with my own gamepad. ?

Al ex
    Keymaster

Alright, I managed to test, and it’s working just fine on my phone (Galaxy S9+) with a GameSir G4s controller.

My best guess is that your phone probably has a different screen resolution, and that’s messing things up. Anyway, my above suggestion should fix it: just tweak the widgets’ mouse target settings a bit.

Zeljko
    Participant

So for, Chop, Swing, Trust, the attack widgest you mean? I should tweak those widgets, Target settings? What values can I put in? I never tried those, so I don’t really know what to put in.
    Thank you so much for the reply.
    I use Huawei p30 btw.
    Aaaaand Happy New Year too, all the best to you, your family and everyone here on the forum.

Zeljko
    Participant

Why do I have an error when I try to save game? It crashes, some error 1000.

Zeljko
    Participant
    Al ex
    Keymaster

You don’t have to type in any values, you can select the spot on the screen.
    The widget combination bascially defines a start point and an ending point, and then moves the mouse cursor from start to end with mouse button pressed.

The write error looks like maybe you’re running the game from an external sd card. In that case, you’ll have to request r/w access via Global Settings -> Request permissions. That’s a stupid Google restriction that can only be circumvented manually.

Zeljko
    Participant

But I don’t have an external sd card, I know I need to request permission, but I don’t use or have sd card.

Al ex
    Keymaster

Just googled the error message, and it seems to be a general Daggerfall / Dosbox issue, not specicifally Magic Dosbox related. This guy here reinstalled DF to fix it: https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/29065-the-elder-scrolls-chapter-ii-daggerfall/63826350

Zeljko
    Participant

I installed with Huge size, maybe thats the issue?

Al ex
    Keymaster

Should be alright. Here’s an installation guide: https://www.instructables.com/id/How-to-Install-Daggerfall-on-DOSBox/
    The game itself is just pretty buggy. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Zeljko
    Participant

Al ex, if you swttch the mouse controls ingame to View, does the gamepad works then? Thats when my camera moves up, down, left when pressing chop, trust or swing buttons. Because I wanted to use left stick to move, right stick for camera movement (left, right, up, down) and other buttons for attacks and other stuff.

Al ex
    Keymaster

Dang, can’t check – again. But I think I know what you mean. When you activate keyboard mapper, the native “automatic” support for left thumbstick probably stops working. You should be able to map the movement controls to the thumbstick in the keyboard mapper, though.

Zeljko
    Participant

My left stick works as WASD or arrow keys, for movement,it works. My right stick is set as Mouse, so when I enter the game, I go into ingame Options->Mouse and set the Mouse Control to View. So, I move with left stick and look in all directions with right stick, both sticks work. Attacks are messed up when i bind L2 to Swing widget, when I press L2, camera goes to the left. I tried binding L2 as Right Click, but when I hold L2 and move the Right Stick to perform attack, it won’t work. Meh, I’ll figure out something. Thanks for the replies tho.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.