Custom Resolutions in Magic Dosbox?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Tartarus89
    Participant

I’m trying to get a certain game with an odd resolution (320X400) to display properly in Magic DOSBox and so far haven’t had any luck. I added a new heading with the custom resolution in the Dosbox.conf under Expert Commands, which is:

[SDL]
    fullresolution=320×400

It didn’t work. The game in question is RavenLoft: Stone Prophet. If I can’t somehow create a custom resolution for this, it won’t display properly, which results in an elongated aspect ratio which makes it look like portrait mode instead of landscape. So, are custom resolutions supported?

Al ex
    Keymaster

Far too advanced, it’s much easier actually… ?

All you need to do is open the config window once the game has launched by pressing the “Back” softkey on your phone, then tap “Adjust screen”, and chose “Fullscreen” instead of the default “Fit screen”.
    This will stretch the image across the whole screen. Even absolute mouse if working fine. 🙂

Remember to tap the “Back” key again, and save the setting by tapping the disk symbol in the lower left corner of the config menu. This way, it’s stored permanently, and you don’t have to repeat the above step every time you launch the game.

Al ex
    Keymaster

You can do quite a lot with the Adjust settings options, actually. There’s also a third option, “Custom”, where you can set any size between 0% and 150%. And when you tap&hold the screen for two seconds, you can also drag the whole image. This way, you can e.g. move the screen to the left, and create a space on the right,where you can place widgets that won’t block the game screen.
    And if things go really wrong, simply tap the small broom icon, to reset the image position.

Tartarus89
    Participant

Thanks, Al ex. It worked perfectly. Kept the correct aspect ratio and everything.

I’m truly amazed by Magic Dosbox and the sheer number of features it has. It really is one of the best versions of an emulator for android, if not the best. I love playing around with the widgets and stuff. Right now I’m trying to come up with a decent FPS control scheme that simulates a keyboard/mouse combo or at least a game controller’s dualstick right and left moving/aiming. It’s fun.

Al ex
    Keymaster

🙂

admin
    Keymaster

Ehm, allright, I know this is very old thread, but I must say…in next version this bug will be fixed, will be not necessary set custom resolution. Will be done automatically

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.