Custom aspect mode

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    90s_Dos
    Participant

Would it be possible to make the custom aspect mode work in portrait mode the same way it does in landscape?

It would make some of the older text based, and management games more touch friendly as thin buttons would be thicker and easier to push. Was able to have stretched fullscreen in portrait on my old HTC HD2, but not been able to find a android dosbox version that lets you do it. The closest Ive come was this one but it only works in landscape mode.

admin
    Keymaster

hello, currently it is not possible. Landscape mode is used in 90% and thus more improvement was done here. I can look at this, it needs work, but it could be done, I believe.

Al ex
    Keymaster

What games in particular are you talking about? Maybe there’s a workaround for your issue. If there aren’t too many buttons, you can e.g. create widgets that are thicker and easier to tap.

admin
    Keymaster

No problem. Implemented and will be in next version. I was asked multiple times for this feature. Before it was not possible to do so easily, but meanwhile were rewritten various parts of code and now it was not big deal.

Now it will work this way : Landscape and portrait modes are independent and you will be able set custom size and position independently. For example : In landscape can be game stretched on full screen and in portrait mode can be applied custom width/height and positioned in middle or anywhere you want.

Is it what you need?

Al ex
    Keymaster

?

90s_Dos
    Participant

Wow, that was a quick response. 🙂 That sounds like it would do the trick yes, awesome.

So for example here with Championship Manager 93 where just about everything is clickable, even the thin lines with names, which can be a pain to click precise on in landscape.

landscape

Gets abit wider and easier to click in portrait mode.

portrait

Al ex
    Keymaster

Oh well, right. I see your point. It’s impossible to cover that with custom widgets. ?

admin
    Keymaster

He can still use “Target widget” 🙂

But with new aspect mode he can do exactly what he needs. Slightly surprised me what I saw when I switched to fullscreen in portrait mode:)

Al ex
    Keymaster

That’s what I was thinking of. It would be a PITA to create all these widgets, though. But you’re right, I take back the “impossible”, and replace it with “horribly tedious”. Not a fault in mDosbox, but the game’s UI is… challenging. ?

90s_Dos
    Participant

It pretty much is UI: The Game. So it would be a bit challenging considering that’s just one out the many different menus there are in this game :p

Also having this option would fit well for some of the old pinball games as well as they`d feel more natural to play in portrait mode.

Looking forward to the update. Great to see such dev support, makes me glad I bought this app 🙂

admin
    Keymaster

Thank you for support:)

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.