Crash on Startup

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    cmg
    Participant

I’ve just installed Magic DOSBox and it crashes immediately on start up. The error message just says “Unfortunately, MagicDosBox Free has stopped”.

Any ideas?

Al ex
    Keymaster

Can you share your specs? Device, Android version? Do you have a custom ROM or kernel installed?

cmg
    Participant

I have an Asus Zenfone 3 Max running android 6.0 with no custom ROM or kernel installed.

Al ex
    Keymaster

Hm, that’s weird. Have you tried to restart your phone?
    And if you are rooted, could you perhaps provide a logcat?

cmg
    Participant

Yes, I did restart it. My phone isn’t rooter.

I should mention that this also happened with another DoxBox style app I recently tried.

Al ex
    Keymaster

That will be either Andosbox or Dosbox Turbo, I guess? All these ports share a lot of code. Magic Dosbox is by far the most advanced and complex one, but it sounds a bit like it.

That’s one for people with more insight than me. Tony, the dev, is around here often, so have a good night, and stay tuned tomorrow. ?

admin
    Keymaster

Hi, thanks for report, usually phone offer send crash report to google play. Do you see this option?

And when it crashes? Magic Dosbox has two parts, main menu and game. Starting which part crashes?

And do you have latest version from google play? What is your device for?

cmg
    Participant

I sent a crash report this morning.

I don’t even get to the main menu. It crashes right after I tap on the icon.

I downloaded from Google Play. My device is an Asus Zenfone 3 Max.

Al ex
    Keymaster

Which one? Asus Zenfone 3 Max ZC520TL, or Asus Zenfone 3 Max ZC553KL?
    I’m asking out on interest. Both have different hardware, so this might apply to other devices as well.

cmg
    Participant

Mine is the ZC520TL

Al ex
    Keymaster

OK, the Mediatek variant. Seems recent enough, Cortex-A53 with Mali 720 gpu – nothing exotic, so it might just as well be a software issue. Maybe the crash report will give some insight.

admin
    Keymaster

Hmm, I don’t receive any crash report in last 7 days…please, can you send it again? Make sure your internet connection is on…Do you experience similar crashes with another applications?

cmg
    Participant

I’ve just sent the report again, twice actually. Hopefully it worked.

The only other apps that have similar issues are other DosBox type apps. Retroarch does work but I don’t like it.

Al ex
    Keymaster

Lol, RetroArch is completely unusable with its broken UI. Hope you get this one running, it’s the best Dosbox app I’ve ever used. And I’ve used about all of them. 😉

admin
    Keymaster

I am going to check it

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.