Bluetooth Mouse

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Enslaved
    Participant

Hi there,

first of all i wanna thank you alot for this really really nice app, can’t live without it!

No my problem: I’ve got a NVidia Shield Tablet, my problem is the mouse i wanna play with.

First: the android mousecursor shows up beside the games cursor, means i have two mouse cursos in games. Any way to disable the android mouse cursor while playing a game?

second: no matter what options i select, i can’t get the mouse to work properly. either it moves to fast from left to righ/up and down or its to slow, can’t get it synchronized with the screens size :/ Any tips?

Enslaved
    Participant

Edit: to move the mouse i have to also press the left mouse button permanently (like its my finger), switching between absolute and relative settings turns into nothing.

admin
    Keymaster

Hi,

thanks for report. Primary testing device for Magic Dosbox is Nvidia Shield Tablet. So, I hope I will be able help.

To your first question. The black cursor is shown if you connect bluetooth mouse or pair tablet with shield wireless controller. Unfortunately the black cursor is annoying and is not able to remove it ๐Ÿ™ This is android limitation and question must be directed to Nvidia – only they can make special option for that.

Nvidia Shield Tablet has troubles with bluetooth mouse – tablet translates wrongly some information.

I posted the problem here, but nvidia is ignoring it :

https://devtalk.nvidia.com/default/topic/815807/android-development/physical-mouse-bug/

I have idea for workaround, but I can do it to version 30. Currently is going out version 29 and is in latest phase. After I release the version 29 (in next 4-5days) then I will look at this problem.

Sorry, probably I will not make you happy today:(
    Tony

Enslaved
    Participant

Hi and thanks for your answers.

Hey, no worries, not your fault, at least i now know that your investing work in it ๐Ÿ˜‰

Keep up your awesome work, looking forward to your new version. Thanks!

admin
    Keymaster

Hello. I will add something like “Hardware configuration” to global settings. In these settings you can manually pick what is connected device for. Then magic dosbox will be able differentiate these events and your mouse will work ๐Ÿ™‚

Enslaved
    Participant

Gonna love you for that! ๐Ÿ™‚

I’m using your app almost every day, home and at work (nightshift ๐Ÿ˜‰ and using external mouse and keyboard … will be awesome with a functional mouse.

Have a nice weekend!

admin
    Keymaster

Thank you:) I will contact you with beta testing when I finish the feature. Can I?

Enslaved
    Participant

Of course you can!

admin
    Keymaster

Hello, well, it’s a bit harder than I expected. I will go on vacation for next 10 days. But I will continue working on this feature when I will be back

Enslaved
    Participant

First of all: have a nice vacation!

second: i found out how my mouse works.

Go to: settings -> Controller… scroll down to “Virtual Mouse” and remove the marker on “set mouse as touch input”.. or something like that.. i’ve got the german version of android ๐Ÿ˜‰

Below that, you also may set the mouse cursors speed to your likeness…

That fixed it for me, the only “problem” i still have is that the androids mouse cursor still shows up in a game.

Wonder why they put those settings into the “Controller” tab.. Everybody, including me thinks that this is for the nvidia wireless controller only…

admin
    Keymaster

Hi:)

Thank you very much:)

“Go to: settings -> Controllerโ€ฆ scroll down to โ€œVirtual Mouseโ€ and remove the marker on โ€œset mouse as touch inputโ€.. or something like that.”

Damn, this looks like solution! It exactly describes the issue – mouse is acting like touch screen. I didn’t know about that. I will try this after vacation. Well, I can hide this code, maybe one day will be useful. I can continue fixing the broken sdcard support for Android 5+.

Thank you very much for valuable information friend, you made my day:) I will add this info to in-app help system. It may help someone else.

Enslaved
    Participant

Not a problem. Hopefully it will help someone else ๐Ÿ™‚

Did you found a solution to hide the systems mousecursor yet? Still very annoying.

Anyway, how was your vacation? ๐Ÿ™‚

admin
    Keymaster

Hi, No, unfortunately I didn’t found solution for the black android ๐Ÿ™ Ah vacation – so long ago ๐Ÿ™‚

aitotat
    Participant

Latest ScummVM hides system cursor on Android 7. I tested this with my Oneplus 3T and the black cursor is finally gone. So black system cursor can be hidden for Android 7. Perhaps you can now do the same for Magic Dosbox?

admin
    Keymaster

Interesting, it works on non rooted device?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.