App for manual dungeon mapping?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Aaron_Blain
    Participant

Lately I’ve been thinking that I want to get into old RPG’s that require the player to manually map the dungeon. But, I want to play on my phone and it’s not convenient for me to always carry a paper notebook (as fun as that would be).

Can anyone recommend an Android app that’s good to run alongside MDosbox, so I can tab over and draw/check my map? It would be good if I could paint on a grid easily, or at least copy/paste.

Does anyone play this way?

admin
    Keymaster

Hi,

i was looking for mapping application, best was grid cartographer, but does not fit well on small screen. You can try it. However if you will wait few months then you will be able do it in mdosbox.

Aaron_Blain
    Participant

Wow, that’s some very rich functionality! I guess I’m not so surprised, as you seem to be quite a fan of the genre.

Grid Cartographer looks pretty impressive. It’s the only thing that I’ve ever seen specifically designed for CRPG mapping. And it appears to interface directly with supported games thru DosBox, I’m guessing by watching specific memory locations? I don’t see an android version, but it looks like overkill anyway.

I wouldn’t want an auto-mapper (that seems like it would spoil these games), just something that would let me draw quickly and easily on a grid and allow text notes. It also seems like text adventures require an irregular location graph, but it’s easy to find flowchart apps for that.

I’ll just wait a bit longer on the dungeon crawlers, then.

admin
    Keymaster

Hm you are right, android version disappeard. If you want, send me email, i am sure i have it somewhere.

Work on mappin tool started more then one year ago, i could not believe it will be so much work. But now are major features from list finished. But still there is work which must be done, because if it will be released then is very hard update database structures on existing save files.

admin
    Keymaster

Hi,

so as I promised.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.