android app problem

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    stats
    Participant

i downloaded magic dosbox from android app store everything was working fine while i played theme hospital, sound and all. After 2 days the sound stopped working and i noticed that the “sound on” option has disappeared while trying to configure a game to play but “pc speaker” option which would be located underneath “sound on” is still available. im not sure what i did for this to happen but i cant get it back. ive even tryed to reinstall but still nothing.

anyone with any clues??

admin
    Keymaster

This option was removed many versions ago and is still ON. Try look for SETUP.EXE or similar executable in game folder. Maybe you turned off sound in game options?

You can try make fresh profile, if it will still not work then problem is in game and you must setup sound in game’s configuration options

stats
    Participant

definatly isnt game options i deleted all saved files

find setup.exe for main program software do you mean? because i cant find it, i chose hospital.exe for software main program, (confused.com)im a noobie sorry for my stupidness
    i tried to reinstall magic dosbox which i thought would reset any profiles saved no?

admin
    Keymaster

If I play then I see sound checkbox if I move mouse cursor to top of the screen in the menu

Al ex
    Keymaster

@stats it’s most likely something simple. There is no sound on option, all you can do is select which soundcard you want to use. Make sure you have MIDI/MT32 disabled, and use the default Soundblaster 16.
    It’s virtually impossible to break the sound emulation in Magic Dosbox on app level, it must be something in the game config.
    For comparison, what happens when you play other games?

stats
    Participant

alex
    yes default soundblaster 16 chosen and midi disabled
    ok i just downloaded doom and ran the dm.exe file on its own and i got sound…? so its definitely theme hospital. what i dont understand but want to is why it was playing sound before perfectly, but now its not.

yes admin
    in game at top of screen i checked and sound gamesound music is all on. there is a jukebox in game too but i cant get a sound from it
    no sound at all in game????

stats
    Participant

just uploaded a video of me loading theme hospital with settings
    and showing game sounds on in-game menu

Larrynho
    Participant

Not related but there is a source port in the app store named corsixTH that works REALLY nice using original game files… id suggest using it over MDB fot Theme Hospital.

Lots of love for Mdb ofc but usually source ports are a better and simpler way to play the games when avaliable.

Al ex
    Keymaster

Have you tried to reconfigure sound with setsound.bat?

stats
    Participant

i might try it out if all fails larry thanks mate

alex
    do i choose the “setsound.bat” file for setup in the software section under main program

admin
    Keymaster

Yes, run setsound.bat. another thing is that maybe some game files are corrupted.

stats
    Participant

tried .dat file didnt work maybe its currupt but it was working before so confused? this game is known for its sound difficulties. thanks for you time peeps internet is great full of people willing to help maybe i figure it out ill let you know.

Al ex
    Keymaster

Sounds like a bad download. Abandonware is always priblematic (legal issues aside), so I’d suggest you get the gane on gog.com, this way you can make sure all game files are fine.

stats
    Participant

they both make you pay no thank you hehe

stats
    Participant

sorted ended up getting a new download which was 100mb bigger then the last plus sound working didnt even need the run the sound.dat file how silly of me. thanks again peeps u where great. i knew magic dosbox was good enough

but now i think i might have a bigger problem anyone know a good phone virus checker my paranoia spidey sense is telling me i could be infected

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.