ADOM not detecting numpad keys properly

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Someone64
    Participant

The DOS version of ADOM which can be found here detects numpad 1 as f, numpad 3 as “,”, numpad 5 as… I’m not even sure what, numpad 7 as ctrl+F (^F), and numpad 9 as blank (space?). Using numlock fixes it. It would be good to have a numlock indicator widget or something somewhere.

Also, what is the easiest way to create a sort of custom keyboard layout grid that fits the screen? For example I want to have 5 keys in a row that are all the same width and fit the entirety of the screen’s width.

admin
    Keymaster

HI,

Yes, this is common. Numlock is by default disabled, because some very old games have for example implemented screen scrolling with numpad – but it works only if is numlock turned off. I think I can add somewhere numlock indication. I must think about best place.

>Also, what is the easiest way t…
    What you talk about is custom keyboard layout for Magic Dosbox inbuilt keyboard. Unfortunately this is not implemented now. It’s on to-do list, but I still didn’t have time. Hope I can get to this feature soon. But why don’t you align key widgets on the screen? You can align them how you need. And in landscape orientation you can resize screen and place it to custom location, so you can create more empty space for widgets. The same will work for portrait mode in next version (v47).

And you can still place “Bag widget”. This is something like toolbar. It’s not scrollable, but spares place.

Best regards,
    Tony

Someone64
    Participant

What I’m asking about is what the easiest way to go about aligning things to the screen. I have to fidget around and measure pixels for example if I want a row of keys of the same width to fit the screen.

admin
    Keymaster

Aha:) So, in design mode tap on widget. Then switch to second level on floating menu and enable multiple selection. Then use aligning functions. You can check help in blue circle. Or look here :

admin
    Keymaster

Please try tips above and let me know. If you have idea how to improve it let me know

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.