Quake

Tagged: 

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    The Game Foxx
    Participant

Ok so with enough tinkering, i got quake running in dos mode, and its expansions. Music works, the game runs but the framerate can be a bit choppy when a lot happens on screen, but its playable! For some reason i cant find the setup file though. For the most part this is fine because controlls and resolution can be adjusted in game. It would be nice to change the dos settings but without that setup.exe idk how id be able to do that. I bought quake on gog, so maybe that has something to do with it?

admin
    Keymaster

You can set lower resolusion to get better performance, it could work 🙂

The Game Foxx
    Participant

Ive got it set to 320×200, thats the lowest setting right? This isnt like the issue i had with duke 3d where the whole game is slow, it just chuggs a little when things get too busy.

admin
    Keymaster

Probably yes. Is duke so slow? You can try set sound blaster 2.0 in both – profile and setup to get better performance. And in expert settings is possible set cycles to max 120%

The Game Foxx
    Participant

Duke was slow at first before i set the resolution but now its fine. Ive never used expert settings before, its a little intimidating and im worried i might mess something up…

admin
    Keymaster

Set everything like now, then scroll down to main program and on right side press ‘Get’ and pick all. Then replace expert settings with clipboard.

Larrynho
    Participant

In android there are source ports of quake 1 , 2 and 3 by Beloko ( only on amazon store ) that work even on potatoes at full speed.

While I love mdb.. these games run MUCH better on these ports. And they have very good onscreen controls ( ive completed em all… even beat xaero 😉 )

This guy ported loads of games, fromm doom to jedi knight academy… and mods work flawlessly… I got working Q3 Bid for power, jk3 movie battles 2.0, Q1 ravages of apocalypse, doom brutal doom…

admin
    Keymaster

Yes, Beloko’s ports are very good and are not emulated, thus are running at native speed, no at emulated. In the past were these ports on google play too, but were banned due unclear google play policy

The Game Foxx
    Participant

I might have to take a look at those, i knew he made that dizzy game but ive never seen his other stuff before

The Game Foxx
    Participant

Well i tried the 120% thing and it improved the stuttering! I cant tell if its fully gone or not but its a noticable improvement.

admin
    Keymaster

You can enable svn core, is faster a bit

xarx
    Participant

Quake source ports are still available at GooglePlay. Look for Qi4a, Qii4a, Qiii4a.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.