- This topic has 2 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 4 years ago by .
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
– You’ll need your own Win9x installation, and either the Commandos iso file, or the GOG version. If you’ve never used Win9x in Dosbox, head over to this site first, and read the guide. Then read it again. And again. Then, and only then, try to set things up. Trust me, it’ll save you hours of trouble.?
– And you’ll need an extremely powerful phone. My Snapdragon Note 4 was not capable of running this game even at lowest resolution!
– Swipe up/down to hide/show the built-in Magic Dosbox keyboard.
– Two point tap is used for right click.
– At boot, Win95 is usually running at 640×480 (at least my installation); therefore, the mouse is set to relative mode, so you can launch the game easily. On the other hand, I’ve found the best compromise between speed and playability to be in 800×600.
– Therefore, I’ve added a “800×600 resolution switch” button. DO NOT PRESS THIS BEFORE COMMANDOS HAS LAUNCHED!
Instead, wait for the Commandos main menu to appear, then press the button. It will do the following:
Navigate through the menus (2xarrow down + Enter, 2xarrow down + Enter, 2xarrow down + Enter), to set 800×600. Afterwards, it will switch to absolute mouse mode, and reset the mouse, so it’s properly aligned; lastly, the widget will auto hide.
– Mouse Mode can be switched at any time through the “System” menu widget at the top left; this widget opens a pop-up menu that will also allow quick save, quick load etc.
– All actions can be accessed by tapping the ingame UI icons; I’ve mapped some to the right for easier access.
– The rest should be self-explanatory
Perfect Alex, damn this looks so good! I must give it a try!
How’s the performance? I have an nvidia shield. Assuming pretty decent?
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.