Wireless keyboard Right Shift key issues on Android

Tagged: 

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    rs
    Participant

Hi, I do have a simulair problem, I’m using a DOS accounting program made in Foxpro (Dbase clone).
    I’m having French Android 5 and 8.1 with a Logitech Wireless Azerty keyboard (FR), in an editor on Android it works correctly but in the DOSBOX with the auto setting (French keyboard) all the special keys are from the US Qwerty keyboard. At the other hand when I choose for the US keyboard all the special keys are correct but not the alphabetical layout.
    I’ve noticed that the same problem also exist in GDOSBOX and in the Fishstix versions however your version is for me the best because of proper use of extended and EMS memory and the function keys are working correctly, thanks for that.

I’m hoping for a solution, kind regards, Robert.

Al ex
    Keymaster

Does it work in PC Dosbox (Windows/Linux)? Because it could be a general Dosbox issue. I wonder if there’s a way to remap the keys somehow. ?

rs
    Participant

Yes Alex, under Windows (with the same keyboard) everything is o.k.
    Under Android also when not in a DOSBOX, I tried the keymapping in DOSBOX 074 but I still have problems with the letter m and some special characters also.
    I cannot find a keymap-file In Magic DOSBOX.

rs
    Participant

Thanks for your reply Tony.

When keyboard on auto I do have the AZERTY keyboard because of the Android setting (FR) but the numbers are unshifted and the special characters like the US keyboard.

If however I change to keyb fr I do have the US characters (QWERTY) but the special characters are correct (FR) with the exception of the button next to the N but this one is a additional button from Logitech.

I’ve tried key-mapping in DOSBOX-074 but still problems with the M, I cannot find key-mapping in your program.

The same error in DOSBOX-074 on Android but not in DOSBOX-074 for Windows.

This is my layout FR
    and this the US version
    US

By the way, if you have to test on 64 bit, I do have two Android
    64 bit versions (8.1 on AArch64 and 5.1 on Intel Atom ARMv7) running.

Kind regards, Robert.

Hi,

can you provide me more information? I must say at beginning, that I am busy with “special version”, but it will released in next two weeks, so I will have more time on other issues. Meanwhile I like to gather some information. Do you add command “keyb fr” in dosbox? If yes, can you describe me which key you press on keyboard, what should be output and what is displayed in dosbox? Best would be if you try get it work in desktop dosbox, this way I will be sure that it really works and I must fix bridge between android and dosbox.

Best regards,
    Tony

rs
    Participant
    admin
    Keymaster

Hi,
    Magic dosbox has own mapper, its name depends on theme you have, it can be voodoo control/gamepad & tilt

Funny, exactly this keyboard i own and use with my android tv 🙂

Best regards,
    Tony

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.