Might and Magic 4/5, GoG-version, CD problem

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    Al ex
    Keymaster

DOS programmers did a lot of funny stuff with mouse implementation back in the day. In Ultima Underworld, you need to adjust manual mouse correction under Advanced settings -> Manual correction. IIRC, it’s 640×240 (don’t ask me why…). 🙂

fiffi
    Participant

Wow. Thanks a lot, Al-ex! That helped. At least a little… There are many quirks to this. 🙂

I followed your suggestion and it worked better, but it was still not quite reliable. I then added a Black Magic/Mouse Reset as the first element in my deadly strike, and now it seems to work properly. I’ll test it a little more.

By the way, I published my design to Might And Magic: World of Xeen here, if anyone is interested.

Al ex
    Keymaster

Yeah, I’m using automated Mouse Reset in several games, too. Especially in Win95 games (Diablo for example). Never needed it in Ultima Underworld, but if it helps, it’s a quick and easy fix.

fiffi
    Participant

I haven’t gotten around to Win95 yet. I looked at the tutorial and it seems easy enough. I guess I must clear some room on my tablet first. 😊
    There is much to learn here. I started working on Worlds of Ultima: The Savage Empire, using relative mouse like I use to. But then I discovered that it seems to be perfectly playable using absolute mouse. This will make the design much simpler and more intuitive.

Al ex
    Keymaster

Win95 is just as buggy a mess as it was on a real machine back then. Which means it works surprisingly well in Dosbox in general, but it’s always to prone to cause some grief. 😉

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.