Gamesir X2 Type C D-pad and Joysticks Not Working

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    johns2k5
    Participant

I have an LG G6 (Android 8.0) and purchased Magic Dosbox. Thanks for creating this great software! That said, I’m trying to configure Magic Dosbox to work with my Gamesir X2 Type-C controller. I’m running into issues getting the joysticks and the d-pad to work. Here is what I have tried so far:

Gamesir “G Mode” enabled — I am able to configure Magic Dosbox on-screen control and configure the Gamesir app to utilize these. This works fine, but I’d really like to be able to reconfigure the controls for each game. Each one has slightly different keys.

Gamesir “G Mode” disabled — I am able to map A/B/X/Y buttons to keys. I have tried mapping the left/right joystick and the d-pad buttons to the up/down/left/right keys, but they don’t seem to work at all.

The joysticks and d-pad work great in Retroarch, so I’m not sure what’s going on in Magic Dosbox. Any suggestions?

admin
    Keymaster

Probably gamesir app sends wrong codes. If you want use external mapping tool then you must send codes defined in android key codes table, these are translated to dosbox codes. Did you test it with dosbox core in retroarch?

Use magic dosbox’s mapper (voodoo control/gamepad & tilt depending 9n thema), this is the best way.

Voodoo control

johns2k5
    Participant

I just tried out the Dosbox Core in Retroarch and it works perfectly. Outside of Retroarch and the Gamesir app, it seems that many of the tester applications and mappers (such as “Gamepad Tester” and “Mantis Gamepad Pro”) don’t detect the joystick and d-pad either. Inside of Magic DosBox, I have already set up the controls in the “voodoo control” section to map the inputs. Is there an external mapping tool that you would recommend?

admin
    Keymaster

Oh sorry, I dont know. I use game keyboard+ from locnet for remapping inputs for exagear rpg. It works almost fine. I tried others with my razer kishi, but all have some kind of problem. I own usb-c gamesir like you, but i dont use it often, i prefer razer kishi, probably because gamesir has swapped button A with B. The only thing what always worked (or was possible to fix) across numerous gamepads, keyboards, android consoles, touchpads and various exotic devices which people owns and use for playing is magic dosbox’s own mapper.

But you are right, i did not implement automatic conversion of all gamepad events. Maybe it can be improved, but it will never work for everyone and every game. Probably you expect that left joystick on your gamesir will be converted automatically to 2-axis ms-dos joystick, but in other game you may need it to mouse, wasd, arrows or other dos specific stuff.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.