Reply To: Rainbow 6 Original

LappyGB
Participant

Yeah it would probably be a lot of fiddling around just to install off the 5 discs in one go.

I haven’t tried others just yet but Sim Tower was fine (expected), only thing was I had the base files but needed to download WING.DLL and a couple of sound files (DLL and INI) to the system folder.

I’ve got Warcraft 2 Battle.net edition and Warhammer Dark Omen, can give them a try. I’ll give Rogue Spear a crack as well. From everything I read in the past Rainbow Six and Rogue Spear were coded in such a way that they really don’t like modern hardware, whereas most other Win95+ games I’ve tried will work on Win10 in one way or another.

I’m on a Samsung Tab A 10.1 (CPU is Octa-core 2×1.8 GHz Cortex-A73 & 6×1.6 GHz Cortex-A53 and GPU Mali-G71 MP2).

Out of interest is there a downside to adjusting the windows resolution above 800×600? I tried another S3 driver and changed the monitor settings on a copy of the Win image which let me go up to 1600×1200 and it booted fine, wasn’t sure if it was a wise idea though.