Benchmark

Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 194 total)
  • Author
    Al ex
    Keymaster

730 realtics. 🙂
    2134 gametics is the amount of game time the demo is running, realtics says how fast it actually ran on your device.

Al ex
    Keymaster

I’ve added your value to the list. Btw, which chipset (Exynos or Snapdragon) and OS version are you running on?

Screen recording will do no good, it only hampers performance. And after a couple of benchmark runs, performance will go down due to thermal throttling, that’s expected, and nothing to worry about.

Sketaful
    Participant

It’s the one with exynos9825.

What I meant with video recording is that it didn’t impact as much as I thought it would. And I’ve been testing both streaming and recording while setting up the app and while playing and noticed no impact on the performance so it feels like the phone handles it OK.

Now, my phone have a bunch of things running in the background so getting curious on how those impact performance. Running some macro-apps for some custom stuff. It’s a mess, but my mess. 🙂

Soo… Is 730 good?

Edit: So I turned off some things like animated backgrounds and some autorunning crap.

Got 618 this time.

Al ex
    Keymaster

Lol, yeah. My phone’s a mess, too, all rooted and automated, but at least I configured it myself, instead of having it all superimposed on me by Google and Samsung. ?
    That second score of yours looks fine, I’ve updated the list. ?

admin
    Keymaster

730 is very good:)

xTMODx
    Participant

Galaxy Note 20 Ultra SM-N9860 Snapdragon 865+ stock, best score was 420 realtics, average is around 450.

admin
    Keymaster

Lol, how is it possible:)? This is fast like desktop pc with intel cpu 😀 amazing

xTMODx
    Participant

yea looking here https://sites.google.com/site/dosboxturbo/performance it is compareable to i7 lol
    I will root it and see if i can set the governor to performance

Edit: i have recorded the bench 3 times https://youtu.be/FBZhNqtGeRg it is slower because of recording

Al ex
    Keymaster

Heck yea, that’s still extremely fast. Modern smartphone cpus do rival older desktop chips, thanks to Moore’s Law. 🙂
    Of course, that does also mean modern x86 cpus are incredibly powerful by now, especially the Ryzen 7 series.

xTMODx
    Participant

Tested with performance governor and have best result 409 and average is around 410 thats amazing result

Al ex
    Keymaster

Wow, just wow. Does “performance governor” mean you’re rooted (is that even possible on Snapdragon these days)? Or are you using Samsung tools?

Because on my phone, ever since I’ve upgraded from rooted Oreo to stock Q, I can’t get any decent results anymore. It’s okayish in Magic Dosbox itself (650 realtics), because that’s recognized as a game by Game Booster Plus, and I can configure it to use some kind of high performance mode. But the benchmark apk itself won’t show up, so I’m getting ridiculous slowdowns all the time (960 realtics). Thanks Samsung for your crap cpu management. ?

Al ex
    Keymaster

I’ve also updated the benchmark chart with your scores.

xTMODx
    Participant

I had the galaxy Note 8 before (SM-N9500) with the Snapdragon 835 chipset and now (SM-N9860) with 865+, both were bought from china, because i knew it has an open bootloader and is easy to root, for the Note 8 it took some time till root was working and for Note 20 it is really easy now. Check the OEM Unlock in dev options, flash TWRP, format Data partition, flash Encryption disabler and flash Magisk, really easy. Using “Performance Tweaker” app to change governor to performance. Thanks for the update.

Kubus
    Participant

Hello.

I have Xiaomi MiMIX 3 5G with Snapdragon 855, stock. My average result is 570 realtics.

Al ex
    Keymaster

Thanks, added. Really good results here, my Exynos S9+ is crapping out on the benchmark since the Android Q update. ?

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 194 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.