Forum Replies Created
Another update: I have enabled the native joystick for Settlers 2. Now the joystick on the controller is mapped as mouse and works like a charm.
See, I was doing something wrong 😉
This native joystick activation in the settings of the game is great.
Small update: with the tip you gave on the native joystick enabled, worked. I also checked the “timed” checkbox.
Both joysticks of my gamecontroller where acrobates and I could calibrate them.
Maybe it is the native joystick option. I have not tested this option yet. I will report back when I have tested this. Thanks!
No I am playing 1 player.
With Tie fighter the gamepad wants me to calibrate the joystick, which Just wont work. I tried to map the joystick buttons for confirmation of the top-left/center/bottom-right/center procedure. After that the joystick doesnt work.
Mapping the mouse to the joystick in Settlers 2 also doesnt work. I can map the left stick to mouse and enable the mapper, but when pushing the stick the cursor doesnt move.
I think I am doing something wrong but dont know what.
I cannot map the left or the right joystick to “joystick”. It only has options none/mouse/D-pad. (I saw a YouTube clip to map it to “joystick” but no option is there).
I did test the gamecontroler with gamepadtester.com and all buttons/sticks work there.
Am I missing something?
This absolutely awesome. And the details you did to make the cheat active shows your dedication.
Thank you very much!
I did create an extra button to reset the morse after each move. This works for the game But is a bit laborious. Still, it makes me na able to play it.
I will look into open ttd. Thanks for the suggestion. I thought the open ttd only worked in Windows and not on Android. Thanks!
Oh right. That makes sense. I hope the new build will come out soon then. Thanks for the explanation
I will try it.
I tried this one with Prince of Persia 1, but it crashed the dosbox.
Is it only usable on certain devices?
I have a Samsung Galaxy 2 android 4.4 stock rom.
The game runs ok when I create the game myself. I would just like to use your nice interface.
Am I doing something wrong? Missing some files?
Thanks in advance.
(I did change the directory and startfile after the import, to my location of the files.)
I will list my DOS games I played back in the day too.
1. Dune – absolutely a great game. far ahead of its time. it’s the first game on Magic Dosbox I tried and it worked like a charm.
2. Dune 2 – 1st RTS game. played this a ton when I got it. Still working on getting it running on Magic Dosbox. controlls are bit fiddly and it sure shows its age. RTS has come a long way since it came out.
3. Master of Magic – fantasy Civ game.
4. Prince of Persia (1) – my very first game I ever played on a pc.
5. Warcraft series – Just great. fantasy Dune 2. Sign me up.
6. Transport Tycoon Deluxe – man, I played this game a lot. my railroad network was a piece of art (at least I thought so. 😉 )
7. Galactix / Raptor / Major Stryker – scrolling shoot-em-up with planes/spaceships.
8. Settlers 2 – I liked the beautyfull art and details of this game. Birds flying around, deer to be shot, trees cut down. Fond memories of an geologist finding a resources (“Yippie!”)
9. Disney platform games (Lionking/Aladdin) – just great for any kid who saw the movies for like 2635 times
Still a work in progress to get all of these working on Magic Dosbox on my Galaxy Tab 2. But getting there. They all startup and work. Now just getting the controls right to play them.
No problem. I think it is freely available now. But I understand.
But enabling the cd/iso was key for me to get the sound up and running. I hope it helped.
I just found this Magic Dosbox to use old Dos games.
And the first game that came to mind was Dune.
I played this a ton back in the day.
I grabbed the Iso from:
[link removed due to copyright violation]
(Which is legal, I hope)
Mounted the cd in Magic Dosbox.
Ran the setup. Choose the soundblaster for sound.
Then everything worked and with sound when I started the game. With voices and all.
Be sure to check the box of the mounted CD in the settings of the game in Magic Dosbox.
Because the sound is located on the CD. Only settings and saves are stored on the “disk”.
This game works great on my Galaxy Tab 2 10 inch with stock android 4.4.
I would also suggest to use the absolute mouse setting and adding a ‘esc’ button (so you can skip the intro’s if you wish).
Hope this helps!