XCom

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    elfranco
    Participant

Hi, really impressed with magic dosbox but I have a question. I am trying to set up for XCom/UFO Enemy Unknown and would like to have the left and right mouse clicks off the screen touch. The issue is that the auto left click whom touching the screen means that move actions are automatically run and you need to be able to right click to recenter the screen or to change unit facing.

Any hints on how to set this up?? Thanks

admin
    Keymaster

Hi,

thank you. But can you explain it a bit more? I did not play ufo long, so i can’t imagine well the problem…There are various settings which may help.

Tony

Edit : You need to do mouse move on touch, instead of click?

elfranco
    Participant

I think what I would like is to be able to use the absoluye mouse to put the pointer via touch and then have widgets to run as left and right clicks. This would mean it would play a bit slower but would not send the troopers around the screen without confirmation

admin
    Keymaster

yes, it takes some workaroud, but should work. There is no direct input for that, but try this:

Put first mouse touch widget on screen and edit it. Set duration permanent and action move. Confirm and go to play mode. Press widget. Now you changed default mouse action to move. You can add additional mouse touch widgets, one for left and second for right click. They can have duration temporary or permanent. Depends on what you prefer.

Hint : deadly strike has action for toggle mouse events

Must go sleep now, it is too late, but will look here morning

elfranco
    Participant

Cheers will give that a go then if I can get it working will post to share.

However I have some zombiesnto paint first..

elfranco
    Participant

Well it took me a few goes to get the set up right for the mouse move but that was down to my own foolishness. It works fine now with two buttons on the right bottom corner for mouse clicks.

Thanks for the help setting up. Really impressive touch interface with such customisation

admin
    Keymaster

Hi,

Thank you. I am happy that it works

Tony

jedikwon
    Participant

Using Magic Doxbox is great but if you don’t mind, I would recommend you to use OpenXcom Android port. They did a truly glorious job to make Xcom to be working on Android. I have cleared the game on my tablet and it works flawlessly. Please give it a try.

admin
    Keymaster

Hi, thanks for info. I was trying OpenXcom in the past, but was buggy. I will try that now. It is always better if someone makes port for current operating system with all features.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.