Would you consider adding S-pen right click support back?

Tagged: 

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    TheVCBK
    Participant

Hello, I have read that the support for S-pen right click is dropped back in version 69 due to Samsung prohibiting the use of it. I am using some office apps named LectureNotes, Xodo documents and Microsoft Office which give some function to the S-pen switch like erasing mode, and in LectureNotes you can choose what does it do from a whole range of choices. S-pen air commands interfere with the functions visually by blocking the screen with the menu but if you disable the air commands package, the function key is usable without any interference in these programs. I used to do the same method to use my s-pen in MagicBox before 69 (my android version was Nougat back then as far as I remember), and I really miss the feature now. Is there any way we can get it back? Thank you!

admin
    Keymaster

Hi,

It is some time, i must check what is implemented just now.

TheVCBK
    Participant

Thank you for your quick response! I also want to mention that ScummVM also supports right click emulation on s-pen, and as far as I know they are similar emulators with dosbox and open-source, so taking a look at them might help you too. Thank you so much for your work!

admin
    Keymaster

Just now I can’t test it (my galaxy note 2 dies), in sources is support for right click if you hover spen and you change button state (click on spen button). It does not work this way, or how it works in scum?

TheVCBK
    Participant

Hi, sorry for the late reply. In SCUMM, it works as a right click if you click the button on the hover mode. On other apps like xodo docs and office, the alternative function works if you use the tip of the pen while pressing the button on the pen. For dosbox, i think right click in the hover mode would work just fine for us.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.