Wolfenstein 3D won’t start

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Banjo
    Participant

Does Wolfenstein 3D not work on DosBox for Android for some reason? I tried it in both Magic DosBox and aFreeBox, and both crash right after starting (at the game’s “memory check” screen) with an “Out of memory” error. Changing memory from 8 to 16 to 32 mb doesn’t help. I compared the config settings I was using with those on my PC DosBox setup that runs Wolfenstein 3D just fine, and I couldn’t find anything I had set differently on PC to Android that might cause the issue.

I was surprised not to see Wolfenstein 3D come up when I searched here for help… does it work for everyone else but me, or is it known *not* to work at all?

If it helps, I’m using an Nvidia Shield and the latest version of Magic DosBox to test.

admin
    Keymaster

Hi, wolfenstein 3d works fine. Must be something with your game, maybe are some files broken. Maybe you run it from sdcard without granted write permissions.

Banjo
    Participant

Thanks! No idea why it wasn’t working (on internal storage, full permissions, and other games I tried worked) but I copied across another version (from GOG) and it worked. I also re-copied the original floppy version I initially had trouble with and *it* worked this time too, as did the shareware version, so I am putting it down to one of the files getting incompletely copied across the first time, perhaps.

admin
    Keymaster

I am glad you get it work

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.