[RESOLVED] Unable to mount *.img file in Magic Dosbox for installing games

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    micmic0000
    Participant

Hi

Sorry if I am posting in the wrong section. I have this issue that I cannot mount a *.img file converted from *.vhd

I have already created a *.vhd (e.vhd) and converted to *.img (e.img) in Windows
    What I did in windows is goto the management > disk management > attached vhd (*.img) file
    I copy the games I want to install on Win95(Android) named “e.img” file
    I copy the e.img to my android phone (s6 edge+ v5.1.1 lollipop)
    I added the command in the Magic Doxbox –

“[autoexec]
    @Echo Off
    imgmount c /storage/emulated/0/Win95Android/Win95Android.img -t hdd -fs fat -size 512,63,32,520
    imgmount d /storage/emulated/0/Win95Android/e.img -t hdd -fs fat -size 512,63,64,1023
    boot -l c”

I am getting an error while booting up see screenshot attached while booting to win95
    (NOTE: I am able to boot to win95 but no HDD is being mounted)
    (NOTE2: e.img file is 2GB, games inside is Starcraft and Mission force cyberstorm)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7qxmv12rf8rll44/image.png?dl=0

Please let me know what I am doing wrong here, cause I manage to install Win95(DOSBox) in my Win7 computer and install games by mounting *.img file and I think the concept for Android is the same thing.

admin
    Keymaster

Hello,

I sent you email with several questions

Best regards,
    Tony

micmic0000
    Participant

Hi Tony,

I have resolved the issue already, I have used the HDD_Fallout.img to put in my games as this virtual HDD is able to mount properly in windows95 now i can play starcraft and mission force cyberstorm. I did not convert my games to iso but just inject the game folder directly to the virtual hdd using WinImage so i can run them directly from the folder or create shortcut in my desktop 🙂 🙂 🙂

admin
    Keymaster

Perfect;) Thanks a lot, I am happy that it works;)

Tony

Hmmm better late than never.
    in the statement imgmount 0 /storage/blahblah
    its not possible to be c thats the a drive you would mount as 2 . If you mount as 2 you must mount slave as 3 d: will only work if you use imgmount c: /…/.. though both are correct you cannot begin in one and end in another.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.