ULTRASND

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Wiktor Żarski
    Participant

Gravis Ultrasound

Some people certainly like to play games with the best possible music effects,
    but not everyone knew that in some old games like DOOM you can enable high quality MIDI music,
    which is so much better than this what offer you standard emulation of SoundBlaster.

I mean here an emulation of the Gravis Ultrasound sound card.

Not everyone want to digging in the internet to search files which DosBox needs to enable GUS emulation
    or experimenting with destilating these files from previously installed programs for Ultrasound controling.
    For them I shared ready to use in any DosBox program an ULTRASND folder which give possibility to GUS emulation.

You only have to do:

1. Paste folder ULTRASND there where you setting up your drive C:\ when you starting up your game
    2. Enable GUS emulation in dosbox.conf
    3. Set up Gravis Ultrasound in your game setup as your Music Sound Card

Click to download GUS External Files

admin
    Keymaster

Thank you, sounds great:)

Al ex
    Keymaster

?

Karthran
    Participant

Link dead, please restore.

Al ex
    Keymaster

Edit: initial link repaired by thread starter, shutting down this one.

SongJiang
    Participant

Thanks Alex. I never try to add some plugins to magicbox. Did it work well? Can we really hear the difference?

Al ex
    Keymaster

TBH, I never really used it. ? It is working, but I never owned a GUS back then, and the only thing that interested me was to get MT32 emulation working. So I didn’t really listen to GUS music. Come to think of it, I’m not even using MT32 much, only in games I play for the 1st time. In any games I played back then, I always go for the Adlib/SB sound I remember so fondly. 🙂

Wiktor Żarski
    Participant

If you try to add this plugin to Magic DosBox or any other DosBox you will hear the difference for sure.
    Of course not everything games supports Gravis but if so you will be very satisfied for sure.

Al ex
    Keymaster

Thanks for updating the link! ?

I should really try and get some GUS games running. I set it all up when you started that topic a while ago, but I haven’t played one single GUS game so far. Sometimes it’s already enough fun to get this stuff working. ?

idiotfool
    Participant

Old thread, but I’m trying to play Dark Sun: Shattered Lands with GUS, but the sound setup indicates the default settings don’t work. Any idea what settings I should be using?

Thanks!

SongJiang
    Participant

Did you try this ?

idiotfool
    Participant

I do, now. Thanks!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.