5. April 2016 at 16:16 #3448Al exKeymaster
*Only works with v1.0.37+ (created with beta version before official release).*
(Galaxy Note 4 N910F):
– Absolute mouse; double tap or two-finger tap for right mouse click
– Movement Control: Dpad on the right side (set to Numpad 1-4 & 6-9), or use mouse movement via absolute mouse. First alternative is more console-/keyboard-like, with a little stutter after the first step, the second option works smoother, but the finger will block part of the screen. Samsung’s S-Pen works nicely here. 😉
-> swipe up/down will show/hide the UI
-> swipe left/right works as Esc key (to skip intro/cutscenes or pass one turn).
– Although the Ultima 6 icons are pretty well suited to be used natively, I’ve created transparent key shortcut widgets. Reason: if you want e.g. to travel with the Orb of the Moons, and use the “U” shortcut instead of the original icon, Ultima 6 will display a crosshair, which can be moved with the Dpad. This makes targeting with the Orb easier.
– Game Options: Load, Save, Quit, Yes/No (single/double tap), Sound On/Off, Conversation Help On/Off
– Quest Log: built-in Notepad function for quest notes
– Map: peer gem cheat via Deadly Strike widget as automap substitute (for a little more “modern” gameplay; if you want it to be completely oldschool, delete the icon 😉 )
– Attack: perhaps the most frequently used button, placed at the side for better accessibility
– Enter: to confirm attacks (alt. to Attack button), confirm Orb of the Moons locations, leave conversations, etc.
– Conversation mode: after starting a conversation with an NPC, tap this icon to hide all UI elements and bring up the built-in MagicDosbox-keyboard instead. It’s aligned to the top and set to only 25 opacity, so most of the dialogue box is visible, to improve readability.
When you’ve finished conversation, tap the icon again to change from keyboard to UI again.
Note: this hack uses a Deadly Strike widget. If you accidentally press the “back” soft key instead to hide the keyboard, both keyboard and UI will be shown/hidden at the same time. Simply press the icon and then the “back” soft key once again to correct this.
– Character Selection (1-8 & 0 keys):
-> Single tap: Character selection (1, 2 etc., for item exchange & solo mode); 0 switches back to party mode
-> Double tap: Inventory (F1, F2, etc); 0 (F10) returns to party overview
-> Tap “Char Select” button to show/hide the number key block
– Turbo Mode (“>>>” icon, top right corner), to speed up lengthy sequences, like e.g. resting
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.