Touch position widget

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    Miker
    Participant

I’m currently working on a layout for Daggerfall, A widget that vould activate say Deadly Strike when a certain area is touched would be extremely helpful..

Also, Being able to record mouse movement and be able to click/toggle a mouse click..

That Would make combat in this particular game much better..

Mike

admin
    Keymaster

Hi,

This is implemented. You can place one widget over another. Set the top most widget to non blocking. This lets bubble the touch event to widget below. One deadly strike can execute another deadly strike.

In addition, there is pixel trigger what can trigger widget on specific pixel. But the solution above is probably what you need.

Miker
    Participant

Ya, my issue is, for example the ‘Fast Travel’ Map, I have a special layer to navigate and select options and I disappear the actual game layer…

So if you decide to travel another window pops up and asks begin travel or exit, well if they begin travel it loads the location and puts you back in the game, so I needed a trigger for the begin option, to disappear the Fmap layer and bring back the game map layer.

So basically I had to have an invisible widgets sitting in the middle if the map..

And ya, after I posted I played with Pixel Capture, and, eventually I figured it out.

One suggestion on that, lets us do more widgets with that option. Like ‘Deadly Strike’.

Reason being, my solution was to create a new layer, assign it an invisible and undectable widget in that new layer, and use Pixel Capture to do the needed layer switch..

Now, while that solution works that’s going to end up being a WHOLE BUNCH of layers, and widgets just for a simple begin or exit option..

Unless you can suggest a more efficient way that I’m not thinking of.. Keep in mind I’m considering actually starting over, the pixel capture being a strong influence on the new layers.

And I’ll check the deadly strike to deadly strike, I haven’t tried that.

Thanks

Al ex
    Keymaster

You can assign Deadly Strike widgets to a Pixel Trap. Create the widget first, then create a new Pixel Trap, and chose the Deadly Strike widget as action for the appear/disappear condition.

Pixel Traps are arguably one of the coolest features in Magic Dosbox. The amount of automation you can build into 30+ years old DOS games is pretty mindblowing. 🙂

Miker
    Participant

Oh Ya I know I’ve been using Magic Dosbox on and off for YEARS, I had Daggerfall Fully touch screen back in the day..

And ya I’m liking pixel trap, I was just playing around with it again, Backed up cause I know I’m gonns mess something up..

And ya, Im trying that now.

I made a ‘PT’ layer, And have pixel trap execute a Deadly Strike named ‘PTS” in the’ PT’ layer..

What I’m attempting now, is basically to be able to use the ‘PT’ layer,to call multiple Deadly strikes in that layer, by what the pixel trap detects..

Example :

When I’m in The Fast travel map with the begin exit choice, pixel trap will execute the deadly strike widget for the layer switch for either choice..

But theb in the same PT layer, say I go to save game section.

I want to use the same PT layer to execute another Deadly Strike widget to select a save location..

Which as far as I can tell wont work unless I create a whole new layer to get touch location and take the action needed.. Which would be totally different from the Fast map begin exit option.

Am I seeing that correctly?

EDIT:

Ok I think I see what you mean, use the deadly strike for each different screen, I was stuck in the layers, I dont necessarily need the layers just the actions of each Deadly Strike.

gotta go to work, play with it more later, lol

Al ex
    Keymaster

Hm, maybe you can add a “Wait” command to the deadly strike widget to allow the save game section to load in, then execute the next commands within the same DS widget. You can also trigger another DS widget by using the “Combo” option:

1. Pixel Trap -> triggers Deadly Strike widget
    2. Deadly Strike widget -> triggers another Deadly Strike widget (via “Combo” command)

Miker
    Participant

Ya I’ll try that to..

Write now im just doing like pop up the keyboard to see how things act..

unfortunately that Target issue is a huge pain, it never seems to work the same way twice, in a deadly strike action.

yesterday i set one up with over 3000ms in between each action, it didn’t work..

funny part is the DS targets I have that work I copy over to the nee layer and they worj perfect, eveb thoughbon the new layer It’s set the same exact way..

Al ex
    Keymaster

It’s very delicate and can break easily, due to all the stuff that goes on in between. Make sure you always clickt the refresh button before you pick the pixels. And I think it also reacts strange if you change image scaling afterwards (e.g. from original aspect ratio to stretch-to-fill).

admin
    Keymaster

>unfortunately that Target issue is a huge pain, it never seems to work the same way twice, in a deadly strike action.

Hm, I can check it, this sounds weird. Did you tried it in other games? Maybe it is game specific issue. I will try to find the time for testing it tomorrow.

admin
    Keymaster

Yeah, I know, while layers and pixel trap automation are cool features, designing it on small screen is pain. And I dont know how to improve it significantly, small screen is small screen, designing for desktop gives more place.

admin
    Keymaster

Alex, scaling cannot affect pixel traps. Pixel traps detect bytes in original buffer from dosbox. Stretching is done on gpu.

Only if you change game resolution then it is affected

Miker
    Participant

No I hadn’t thought of that being a game issue I’ll try it on dark forces and see how it does.

Miker
    Participant

Ok I’ve never used an Image sharing site, so lets hope..

This is the simplest way I could figure on showing ONE of the issues. they’re a few.

Used star Commander in straight dos.. you can see the target and where it actually ends up.

Maybe move tbis back to the targeting thread..

MDB Target DS

admin
    Keymaster

This is northon commander or volcov?

Miker
    Participant

Star Commander

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.