The Sims Win 95/98 ?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    snike
    Participant

Hi 🙂 , was wondering if it would be possible to run the original The Sims via Windows 95/98 on Magic DosBox, possibly using the “How To Play PC Games on Android With Magic Dosbox” video guides found in your YT channel or in any other way?
    Thanks!

Larrynho
    Participant

https://sites.google.com/site/dosboxturbo/

This says it is tested and working. Havent tried myself ( no interest in the game ) but others from the list worked ok. The tutorial will be the same I guess…

snike
    Participant

Oh sweet, cheers, my bad, thought I’d get notified of any replies but I didn’t. 🙂

Larrynho
    Participant

Ive been trying to get Sims 1 working on w95 (for the lulz) … no luck so far… always crashes after loading… and it takes like 5 minutes to load.

On win98 it always says that it does not detect directx :s dunno why.

snike
    Participant

Yeah same xD, tried with the Deluxe Edition as well as others, though I’m having more odd errors related to the original game (such as installing expansions in order, even though it was supposed to be a collection xD) on top of running it in the first place. xD

Bogdan_Gordin
    Participant

I was able to get Win 95 The Sims 1 version 1.1 to work only once on my Galaxy Note20 ULtra 5G, played a bit and works fine, sound is choppy, loads fast. After that anytime I launch the game it CTDs in the loading screen (at Calculating Money Supply), I read the Readme in the CD which also provides some debugging tools for the desktop shortcut:

-nodx6 (reverts to DX3)
    -skip_intro
    -w (windowed mode)
    -r1024x768 (forces 1024×768 mode)
    -skip_verify (… Possible solution for some laptop and audio/video workstation problems…)
    -nosound

Also I found out that launching the game with -nosound doesn’t cause CTD, thus I am assuming is has to do with sound drivers or sound card.

I am sure that with correct DOSBox config settings and Windows settings (like patches for Windows 95) the game will run with each launch. Which btw suggestions are welcome and I am willing to test 🙂

Edit: It did work only once again after reinstalling the Soundblaster 16 drivers.

Edit: Alright this is ridiculous but I found a fix… All you need to do is launch the game, wait for the loading sceen and then alt+tab to your desktop. The game will popup by itself taking you to the last loading screen then onto the neighborhood selection (:

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.