Alright guys, for some weird reason, GoG have decided to include the DOS executables into their ScummVM-only version of The Dig, but split up the file structure, so it doesn’t work out of the box.
Here’s what to do, it’s dead easy actually:
1. move all files and the “VIDEO” folder from the \DIG directory into the \DIG\_other directory
2. rename “_other” directory to “DIG” (so if you have e.g. installed the game to C:\Games, it’s C:\Games\DIG\DIG
3. mount the C drive (in the above example, it’s “mount d C.\Games”)
4. mount the game directory as CD-ROM (in the above example, it’s “mount d C.\Games\DIG -t cdrom”)
5. Launch the game, type “D:”, then “cd dig”, then “dig” (to start the dig.exe)
6. Configure the sound card in the launcher, then start the game
If GoG had left all files exactly as they were in the original CD-ROM release, the game would work in ScummVM and Dosbox. ?