swipes don't work?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Someone321
    Participant

Hi, I’m trying to make a Simcity 2000 layout, but I have one problem. Swipes don’t work for some reason, I made it to move camera around but it doesn’t do anything, sometimes it does but only in one direction. I used “RTS Scroll screen with swipes” guide with arrow keys to make it work, but it doesn’t work. Keys are only way, because Simcity 2000 doesn’t have support for scrolling if you reach the edges with the mouse. Can someone help? I really want to play this game, it has really simple controls, one widget needed for playing and absolute mouse (and other widgets for swipes).

admin
    Keymaster

Hi,

try this layout

I configured swipes to screen scroll and double tap to zoom.

But swipes works slightly differently then you know it from android. You must swing quickly over screen to the side. I configured swipes to keys. Now they fire key up,down,left and right. Each swipe direction has enabled “Do key up on next touch”. This means : swing does key down and screen scrolls. Next touch stops screen scrolling. It may need some practice. You can disable “Do key up on next touch” and then it does short scroll.

I use virtual dpad for scrolling, but now I got another idea. I must test it first.

EDIT: Ha, it works! This is first time what I tried it, but seems works. I must check one thing tomorrow, because I think it should work somehow better, but it works. Try this

Alex, if you read it then here is answer for something what you requested years ago 🙂

Some time ago was added feature what allows swipes run deadly strike. This makes possible short scrolling. I setup deadly strike this way :

1. action key arrow down
    2. rest 600ms
    3. action key arrow up

I think the same will work for mouse movement and nicely allows short screen scroll.

Tony

Someone321
    Participant

Oh, thanks. These swipes fell, uhm, weird? It may take some time for me to get used to it but another thing that I can do is make very long arrow widgets at edges of the screen, so to move camera just use these widgets… Thank you for helping. Anyways while you here, would Win95 be able to run on my low-end phone? I don’t need sound and there must be some other things for better perfomance. I have a little game that I wanna test with MagicBox and Win95 🙂

admin
    Keymaster

Hi,

maybe it sounds weird, but swipes works really well. I finished C&C, Red Alert and Dune 2 in combination swipes + screen scrolling.

And I played couple of games with swipes. For example Alex uses swipes for showing/hiding UI.

Here is example

Win95 will work, but I am not sure how fast…Download Fallout 2 mgc file from sharing section. Expert settings have optimized configuration for win95.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.