Support for Galaxy tab s6 trackpad?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Kanarena
    Participant

Magic dosbox reads the physical keys for the keyboard just fine for the s6’s keyboard cover, but doesn’t read the trackpad properly. If I hold the left mouse down and drive the mouse, it treats it the same as touch input in relative mode. While scrolling controls the game mouse but not the android mouse. Clicking always goes by where the android mouse cursor is, not where the game cursor is. I’ve spent an hour changing settings around to see if I could get it working, but had no luck. Have I missed something, or is it simply unsupported at this time?

admin
    Keymaster

Hello,

I am aware, if it does not work then it is not supported. I will be now like a noob, i though trackpad is touchpad 🙂 What is difference, I can buy one and fix it.

What is trackpad on this keyboard

Kanarena
    Participant

Touchpad and trackpad are both words for the same thing, there’s no difference. Has it been tested with one before? It’d be good to know if it’s all trackpads, or maybe just specifically the one on the s6 keyboard, as I don’t own any others to test with.

admin
    Keymaster

I think i tested, but I am not sure now, i tested many devices. I can open chest amd find something with touchpad and let you know.

Kanarena
    Participant

Alright, thank you so much for your time 🙂

admin
    Keymaster

I found small bluetooth keyboard, i have problems with connection, i must try on other phone

admin
    Keymaster

Hello,

I finally testes it, I am sorry for delay. I teted keyboard from link I posted and it works like is expected. You probably expect it will work like physical mouse and it works like touchscreen, right? Can you describe what should happen if you drag finger over touchpad and what if you tap?

Kanarena
    Participant

No worries, and that’s a pretty good description, yes. For just dragging my finger, the android mouse cursor moves as usual, but I can see from not disabling double cursor that it doesn’t effect the in game cursor at all. If I just tap it does work as left click, but for buttons I have to have already driven the in game cursor over to them first. If I do disable double cursor, then I can’t seem to do anything mouse related at all.

admin
    Keymaster

Ok, i think i understand. One more question, with “if i do disable double cursor” you mean you disable double cursor with widget?

Andbwhat is your android version? 8 or higher?

Kanarena
    Participant

I’m on android 9, and yes.

admin
    Keymaster

Ok, i will work on it

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.