Stugan (The Cottage), Swedish characters

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    JemyM
    Participant

I have not been able to get Swedish letters (ÅÄÖ) to work to play the old game The Cottage in its original Swedish language. I habe tried “keyb sv” and keyboardlayout=sv in expert config. I also tried to make to make a key using alt codes (228, 229, 246).

Al ex
    Keymaster

Have you tried the built-in keyboard in Magic Dosbox? Seems to be working there.
    Maybe the keyboard you’re using doesn’t send the correct keystrokes to the app?

admin
    Keymaster

Hi,

With Magic Dosbox inbuilt keybord work these characters well. Android keyboard cant work correctly because is by far incompatible with desktop keyboard. Magic Dosbox keyboard works fine, only one issue is that only english and russian look is supported, but this will be fixed in the future

JemyM
    Participant

Ah. Yes, i tried the built in keyboard and it doesnt display swedish letters. I will await a future update. Support of Alt### ascii codes for on screen keys might or might not be an useful feature (this is the only situation where doing so would be worth it).

admin
    Keymaster

Hmm weird, in black console it works…shift+’, shift + [,…

JemyM
    Participant

I managed to switch keyboard with a batch file. Running STUGAN.BAT which first do a keyb sv. Then the keys as told by admin could be used for åäö. I managed to make widgets for these too. 🙂

Al ex
    Keymaster

Can’t you just add this to the [autoexec] section of dosbox.conf (=expert settings)?

admin
    Keymaster

ahaaa, I understand now. He did everything through GUI and in GUI is not option for changing keyboard…

Allright, maybe will be not big pain add command for loading keyboard from GUI to next version.

JemyM
    Participant

Yep. Expert settings pretty much require me to build the entire config from scratch, just to change keyboard. Easier with a bat file.

Al ex
    Keymaster

As long as it’s working, it’s fine. I was using a whole bunch of batch files with AnDosbox years ago, and still got them lying around in my games dir. 🙂

Hint for the future: you can use the “Get” button (under “Software”, directly above expert settings) to generate a full .conf file into clipboard. Then you can open expert settings, mark all, and paste the clipboard.

JemyM
    Participant

Cool. I actually use Magic Dropbox with folders under Dropbox on my phone with the same folder with dosbox on the pc which allows me to test and run the same files on two platforms.

Al ex
    Keymaster

That’s pretty neat. I’m using Amazon Drive, with unlimited storage – but there’s no file monitoring / custom folder sync option, at least none I’m aware of.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.