Split screen gestures ?

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    njfuller
    Participant

Hi all

I’m new to magic box. I’m an 80s child so I feel like I’ve found an old friend 🙂

A question. Is it possible to configure touch screen movement in a game like Blood or Duke3d, that is similar to other FPS on Android?

Specifically, where the left hand side of the screen controls for example, movement – and the right hand side controls for example straffing left and right?

This would massively improve FPS games. Does anyone have any ideas?

Larrynho
    Participant

Check the duke 3d MGC profile, Works exactly like that… I got most of the old DOS fps games configured like that. Note tan on some its imposible due to lack of mouse aiming ( some get it via a patch like Powerslave ).

Al ex
    Keymaster

Hey, welcome! ?

Check this out, might be what you’re looking for: https://magicbox.imejl.sk/forums/topic/duke-nukem-3d-atomic/#post-6313

njfuller
    Participant

Guys thank you so much.

Also I’d forgotten about Powerslave, that’s a winner 🙂

Larrynho
    Participant

Im in love with oldschool fps. I got working and installed in MDB:
    Blood
    Magic Carpet 2
    Dark Forces
    Duke 3d
    Mechwarrior 2
    Shadow Warrior
    Redneck Rampage
    Alien Trilogy
    Skynet
    Rise of the triad
    Powerslave
    Chasm:The Rift.

All of them with mouselook profile , if I recall correctly. Any other that you recommend? ( I got Doom 1/2/Ultimate and Brutal doom, Hexen, Heretic and strife on Delta Touch too ).

I had Descent 2 but I think I could not make a good controler layout so I dropped it, and anything older than Doom does not interest me much ( Wolf 3d, Blake Stone, etc etc )

njfuller
    Participant

Rise of the Triads..

Dear god this is like finding all your ex gifriends in one room, waiting for you with a family sized tub of baby oil.

The Duke solution works great. I’ve tweaked a little – although I can’t get mouselook to look up/down, only left/right. I think Blood supported true mouselook so it’s probably just me.

Any ideas anyone?

Al ex
    Keymaster

Lmao! ?
    For the sake of political correctness, I should heavily moderate your post. But it’s just too funny. ?

admin
    Keymaster

Up/down aim works well too. But you must toggle down first aim button (if you setup all correctly)

njfuller
    Participant

Hi all

I’ve just finished Blood, which was awesome. Setting up ROTT now.

I’ve stupidly forgotten how to load the Duke mgc file I used for Blood. Can someone point me in the direction of the right forum article please?

Al ex
    Keymaster

You mean the layout file? That’s here.
    Import is just Add game -> Import profile -> Browse to the mgc file that’s stored on your phone.

njfuller
    Participant

Thanks

Forgive my thickness.

Once I have it imported, how don’t assign it to / access it from ROTT?

Can’t believe I’ve forgotten this!

njfuller
    Participant

Ignore me

Had my weetabix

All good

Al ex
    Keymaster

Lol, have fun! ?

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.