Some games work better with Magic DosBox Lite Now

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    eiketsuden
    Participant

Game Title: Sangokushi Eiketsuden
    Magic DosBox Version: Updated 2023.2.28

When running the game with the latest version of Magic DosBox, the message appearing in the game lags.
    but, the problem disappears when using the free version of Magic DosBox Lite.
    I have tried various methods such as changing the CPU cycle setting, but the problem has not been resolved.

Is it possible to add an old DosBox compatibility mode to the latest version?

admin
    Keymaster

Hi,

This is all about google’s storage restrictions. I recommend to read “news” on our website, read from “Android 11 and storage changes” to top. Then you will understand. Google sucks.

What you can do is : set “games” folder to private folder in survey. Then you will be on same speed like is lite version.

However private folder suffers of deletion risks during app uninstallation, so public storage is needed, i implememted strong cashing mechanism which significantly reduces lags. This patch will be released in next version. If you want, send me email, I can share beta for testing.

Lite version is now historical version and serves for bugs hunting between old and new access mechanism to storage and will be soon updated to work like full version. There is nothing to do, google blocks further development if all applications will not agree with restrictions.

eiketsuden
    Participant

Thank you, Keymaster!

The method you mentioned worked.

Google sucks.

admin
    Keymaster

You are welcome

amgreenhawk
    Participant

Sorry to interrupt, but does this mean that if I use an Android 11 and below devices, I won’t face that problem?

Yes, all the newer Android updates are breaking many things.

admin
    Keymaster

Android 10 and below is better

amgreenhawk
    Participant

Thank you. I guess I will have to do with my S7 FE tablet. Those devices that support Android 10 or less may not be powerful enough to play more demanding CDROM based games, but good enough for most DOS games, I guess. Anyway, hard to find a big screen tablet with Android 10 and below nowadays.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.