Sid Meier’s Colonization (tablet)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    Islander
    Participant
    • v0.10: Download
    • v0.11: Download
    • v0.12: Download
      Exiting the Colony and Europe screens now opens the Map layout.
    • v0.13: Download
      Moved Map icons and Unit commands to bottom right of screen.

Nightly build: Download

admin
    Keymaster

Hi, many thanks, please can you add screenshot and small explanation how your layout works? Sometimes is hard for others understand how author meant it.

Islander
    Participant

EDIT: v0.13 screenshots:

Map screen

Colony screen

Europe screen

Colony screen with cargo split

Islander
    Participant

v0.13 legend:

Left steering wheel toggle, Right steering wheel toggle The tiny compass roses in the top left and right corners, toggle the left and right D-pad, respectively.

Keyboard toggle Under that is the keyboard toggle.

Under that are the three layout buttons, corresponding to the three main screens in Colonization:

Map
      Colony
      Europe

If the right layout isn’t shown, tap one of the buttons. Tap another time to hide the layout.

Three useful buttonsUnder that are three buttons that are useful on any screen: Info (F1), Enter, and Unload (u).

The compass rose is an 8-way D-pad. Tapping the centre of it centres on the current unit.

Units iconThe Unit Order icon pops up a grid with all commands you can give to a unit.
    The “zzz” button lets the current unit wait and activates the next unit.
    The footsteps button orders the unit to go to a colony (or Europe).

Any other commands can be accessed from the drop-down menus, since they’re not used as often. (Please comment if you think any command is missing from the UI.)

On the Colony and Europe screens, you can move part of a cargo. Click “Split cargo” and drag cargo between the warehouse and transport. The numeric keypad will pop up. Fill in the amount you want to move and press enter on the keypad, or cancel.

admin
    Keymaster

Wow, looks fantastic!

jrmjames
    Participant

This is my first time trying to put a game on my android device with magic dosbox. I downloaded your profile and linked it to my file location. However, when I try to start the game, it is just a black screen with some clicking for about 5 seconds. Then the clicking stops. Does anybody know how I can fix this? Thanks!

Al ex
    Keymaster

Holy crap, this forum tends to swallow (not show) new posts. Sorry for the overly late reply. Do you still need help?
    One thing I can think of off the top of my hat is that maybe you put the game on external sd card, but didn’t grant r/w access for Magic Dosbox.
    You can also post the contents of your expert settings (=conf file) here, so we can take a closer look.

Islander
    Participant

Just saw the comments.

jrmjames, can you start the game normally without the UI?

SongJiang
    Participant

Hi friends ! This is a message for Alex or admin, i’m sorry for the off-topic : I wanted to edit my topic “MGC master list” in order to add the last mgc to the list but this deleted the entire post !!! And I do not have the authorization to write answer to MGC master list… :/

Luckily, I had the time to copy paste the base of the message into a .txt file and I added the new mgc to it. There is more than copy paste 😉 :
    mgc master list 10.02.2020

Islander
    Participant

zebumper, seems like you stumbled on the same bug I did.

admin
    Keymaster

please can you try it now? I disabled all what looked suspicious and increased limit from 1 possible link in post to 999. I never touched these options, is weird that before it all worked fine.

Al ex
    Keymaster

I also revived the topic. Should be working now hopefully. ?

SongJiang
    Participant

Topic edited and updated whitout any problem !

Al ex
    Keymaster

Phew, thank god it’s finally working.
    Gotta do some cleaning up now. I’ll not do it right away though, because marking posts as “Trash” will also delete the user, I think.

Islander
    Participant

Yes, it seems to work now!

Alex, can you set it so users can delete their own posts?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.