Shadows over Riva

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    BorjaRRR
    Participant

Cant make this game work. After intro video i get black screen with mouse pointer and cant do anything. I made an iso file from my spanish cd and its working fine on windows and linux.
    I run magic dosbox on Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 Pro (Snapdragon 650), android 7.1.2

Al ex
    Keymaster

Strange, it should be working just fine. Try this config, and replace the mounting commands in Expert settings with your own.

BorjaRRR
    Participant

Tried it but does the same. Yes, is strange, game was working fine on previous phones, but not on Redmi Note 3 Pro (using custom rom nougat 7.1.2 now, but i think it was the same on official miui8 marshmallow).
    Other games working fine, how can i take a log for developer?

Al ex
    Keymaster

If you’re rooted, you can take a logcat, e.g. with Catlog (Play Store).

Another thing, and probably not the solution: have you requested sd card access in Global settings?

BorjaRRR
    Participant

Solved! It was my sdcard. I have various dos games all on external sd and the only one that fails is this. I suppose its related to sdcard speed (old samsung 32gb class 10)

Al ex
    Keymaster

Glad it’s working for you. Have fun!
    ??

QuillsPen
    Participant

Hi 🙂 I am trying to get Realms of Arkania 3 from gog to load up. I only can get into boot and then “Please insert the Shadows Over Riva CD.” Blue Dot: Go on” Clicking on it, just repeats itself.

Could you post the custom config again or is there something I am missing?

Thanks in advance.

Al ex
    Keymaster

The download link is still working, http://www.mediafire.com/download/suf3k0b7zq57zpu/Layout_Riva.mgc

But it should be fairly straightforward, the mounting command for the iso on my phone is this:
    imgmount d /storage/0000-0000/iso/dsa3.cue -t cdrom

Simply replace the “/storage/0000-0000/iso” part with the correct path configuration on your device, and it should work. IIRC , you do have to add the -t cdrom switch at the end to make it work, so that might already solve your issue.

QuillsPen
    Participant

Thanks for the quick response. That link worked. However, I have the GOG version of the game, and instead of an iso, bin or cue file, I just have game.gog that assumes being the iso. Is there a way to make that work? Or do I need an .iso version of the game? I found the single.conf file within GOGs setup. I’ll copy that over to the expert mode and try that.

No luck sadly. Do you possibly have a copy of the whole config I could copy and paste? That is if your using the either the GOG or Steam version. I have both. If not, then I’ll play around with it for awhile.

Okay, after tinkering with it, I managed to get the gog version running properly now.

Thanks again 🙂

Al ex
    Keymaster

I’m using the original CD version. But you should be able to mount the .gog file just like any other iso image, that works for me in other games, too.
    Maybe “-t iso -fs iso” instead of the “-t cdrom” switch will work.

Al ex
    Keymaster

I’m tempted to buy the game on GoG just to test it out.

QuillsPen
    Participant

It turned out to be the game.ins file that I needed to set for the CD file, which I assume is equivalent to the .cue file? “Shrugs” At least I got it running now. Now time to go bury hours of my life into it. 😀

Thanks again,

🙂

QuillsPen
    Participant

On steam, they have both remakes of 1 and 2 along with all the classics for 88% off. I didn’t even know until I was trying to solve the iso issue that they had them. I picked those up for the remakes alone. 8 bucks, can’t beat that. And yeah, GOG is pretty good at patching up the older games, which I find a lot friendlier to complete.

Al ex
    Keymaster

Great, have fun! I don’t know how many times I’ve played RoA 2 & 3, I’m loving both games.

Arcanson
    Participant

I am not being able to get the GOG-Version to run like QuillsPen described. Could you be more specific how to do it exactly? What do I have to change exactly in the “game.ins-file”? I have the game.gog mounted as drive D (cd rom) and the installed files on hdd as drive C. I can manage to start the Game from drive C, but the “insert CD error is there”. Thank you for the help…

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.