Settlers 1 and Caesar 1

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    devina4
    Participant

Hello, thank the author for an outstanding program! Can u please describe how to get original Settlers 1 working with absolute mouse? I read that I have to activate the mouse fix for Settlers 1, but it does nothing. Should I do some manual resolution corrections? The original Caesar 1 does not work with absolute mouse as well and the mouse cursor jumps regularly and is inaccurate. Any recommendations?

admin
    Keymaster

Hi,

I did not try cesar 1, I can check it. For settlers 1 set manual correction to 340,226 and set type to settlr1. Just quickly tested, seems it works. Btw, there should be amateur android port of settlers 1.

Place special widget on the screen and reset mouse if it will be after some time inacurate. If I remember well, in main menu did not work this fix, switch to relative mouse in this case, I recommend mouse navigation widget 🙂

devina4
    Participant

Thank you so much! And how to scroll please? If I scroll holding right mouse button and dragging/moving the pointer, the absolute mouse pointer is then totally misplaced and I have to reset the mouse which is very uncomfortable.

admin
    Keymaster

Hmm yes, I am looking into manual and seems game cant scroll with arrows only with right mouse, sadly it means you must play with relative mouse. But it’s not bad, I finished settlers 2 with relative mouse setup and it works well. I placed “mouse widget” on the screen configured to right click. If I want scroll screen then I press this widget and move mouse while holding that widget. Or you can setup gestures.

Al ex
    Keymaster

If you want to use absolute mouse, simply do so as suggested above: setup a “Special” widget, and configure it as Mouse Reset. All you have to do is tap it once after you’ve finished scrolling, and the mouse pointer will be aligned again.

Edit: actually, I see you already realized and commented on this, sorry. ?
    I’ll try to think about some sort of automation, not quite sure yet how to do that.

devina4
    Participant

Thanks, I agree with you that the Special widget with the mouse reset does the trick. Unfortunately I tried it
    and found out that it is not so much fun to play the game with this limitation :'( As a programmer myself I search for some possibilities of automation.

Al ex
    Keymaster

Yes, something to trigger a mouse reset automatically as soon as the right click (finger on display) ends. It would probably still feel like a workaround though, because the mouse reset takes about half a second to complete. It’s all these annoying things DOS programmers did back then that make mouse emulation so difficult. ?‍♂️

admin
    Keymaster

… i was digging there, but now i don’t know how to help more, game does not report mouse coordinates, it’s hard to fix that 🙁

admin
    Keymaster

I know it cant help now, but I can implement in one of next versions this:

on gesture, dbl tap or longpress, on down event I can allow switch from absolute to relative mouse, on up I will return back absolute, maybe I can call mouse reset too.

In praxis it means, lonpress down = switch to relative mouse, scroll screen, longpress up = switch to absolute mouse + mouse reset

Al ex
    Keymaster

That would be awesome!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.