SD Card

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    xTMODx
    Participant

Hello i am trying to use “imgmount 2” on a *.vhd image that is stored on my sd card.
    The error is always “Could not load image file. Check that the path is correct and the image is accessible.”
    First i thought the image is not working, but testing that on the internal storage was successfully. Or using the “imgmount c” command is also working on the SD card.
    SD card permission are fully granted. Are there any limitations.

admin
    Keymaster

Hi,

I think vhd is not supported by dosbox, you need img

xTMODx
    Participant

VHD is supported i think, i tested it on the desktop version and on magic dosbox, but imgmount 2 does not work on external sd card with *.vhd and *.img but both works fine on the internal storage (storage/emulated/0/)

admin
    Keymaster

Ah ok, I always used img files.

There is no difference in paths, post please command for imgmount 2

xTMODx
    Participant

ok here is what i tested

imgmount c “/storage/71E8-6604/Windows/Windows 95/Win95C.vhd” -t hdd -fs fat -size 512,63,64,1023 —> Drive C is mounted as /storage/71E8-6604/Windows/Windows 95/Win95C.vhd

imgmount 2 “/storage/71E8-6604/Windows/Windows 95/Win95C.vhd” -t hdd -fs none -size 512,63,64,1023 —> Could not load image file. Check that the path is correct and the image is accessible.

imgmount c “/storage/emulated/0/Storage/Emulation/Clean Image/Win95C.vhd” -t hdd -fs fat -size 512,63,64,1023 —> Drive C is mounted as /storage/emulated/0/Storage/Emulation/Clean Image/Win95C.vhd

imgmount 2 “/storage/emulated/0/Storage/Emulation/Clean Image/Win95C.vhd” -t hdd -fs none -size 512,63,64,1023 —> Drive number 2 mounted as /storage/emulated/0/Storage/Emulation/Clean Image/Win95C.vhd

admin
    Keymaster

Thank you, i will look at this, will try tomorrow

Yes, sdcard write permissions on android requires deep changes in source codes, maybe I forgot fix this case, I never mounted disk under number. Can you try mount it under “d”?

xTMODx
    Participant

yea sure

imgmount d “/storage/71E8-6604/Windows/Windows 95/Win95C.vhd” -t hdd -fs fat -size 512,63,64,1023 —> Drive D is mounted as /storage/71E8-6604/Windows/Windows 95/Win95C.vhd

admin
    Keymaster

Heh fun:) thank you

xTMODx
    Participant

Could you reproduce it?

Al ex
    Keymaster

I’m able to reproduce it. Tbh, mounting drives with numbers has never really worked for me, and I never felt like figuring it out, not even in Win32 Dosbox. I always went with drive letters, to avoid the issue altogether. Do you need that particular way of mounting for something?

xTMODx
    Participant

Yes there is one thing i wanted but it seems there is another problem that cant be solved… i wanted to use an 8gb hdd image that cant be mount as C od D because you have to use “-fs fat” for that and that does not support FAT32. I have managed to mount the 8gb image from my internal storage with this command

[imgmount c “/storage/emulated/0/Storage/Emulation/Clean Image/Win95C.vhd” -t hdd -fs fat -size 512,63,64,1023 —> Drive C is mounted as /storage/emulated/0/Storage/Emulation/Clean Image/Win95C.vhd]

and

[imgmount 3 “/storage/emulated/0/Storage/Emulation/Clean Image/Baldurs_Gate.vhd” -t hdd -fs none -size 512,63,255,1023 —> Drive number 3 mounted as /storage/emulated/0/Storage/Emulation/Clean Image/Baldurs_Gate.vhd]

while this boots windows 95 correctly, the 8gb image does not show up in windows 95.
    All the infos i have are from here https://www.vogons.org/viewtopic.php?f=41&t=34642#p298235 on the desktop PC i have tested this with DOSBox 0.74-2 and it didnt work there too and also tested it with DOSBox SVN Daum by ykhwong and there it is working. I know there are different patches between those builds but my hope was that magic dosbox could probably have that patch too…

Al ex
    Keymaster

Win95 only supports images up to 2GB. If you want to install multiple games, you can use multiple 1 or 2GB images, and mount the one you need in each game profile.

xTMODx
    Participant

Thats not correct, DOS (DOSBox, Magic Dosbox) and up to Windows 95A out of the box, support only FAT16 which is max 2GB and windows 95B / 95C support FAT32 which support in theory up to 2 terrabyte. The Baldurs Gate DVD i have is over 4gb and the full installation is over 2gb that is the reason i tried the method out. Its not that important for me but i wanted to see where the limits are.

Al ex
    Keymaster

Dang, you’re right… ?

Larrynho
    Participant

As an experiment , I guess it should work, but Im guessing BG2 is too heavy of a game for Dosbox. Not even the simplest 3d games are playable under Win95/98 at semidecent framerates, and BG2 is quite demanding for being a Dos 2d game. Im curious about how this will run.

Just to share some info, aside using dosbox, there is a VERY good EE port or you can play using an infinity engine emulator on Android (gemrb).

ps: Ive never tried using images over 2gb… cant help much there, sorry.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.