S-Pen doesn't register any clicks anymore

Tagged: , ,

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Ketzerfriend
    Participant

Hi,

about five or six Updates ago, the S-Pen of my Galaxy Note 2 showed its first problems in Magic Dosbox (and only there!), such as not registering any clicks near the right edge of the screen (making it impossible to click the map button in Lands of Lore, for example). One update further, and it stopped registering any clicks at all, regardless of mouse and screen settings. Only moving works.

I waited a while hoping this was just a little glitch that’s gonna be fixed soon enough. But no. It still doesn’t work. It does work perfectly everywhere else on the phone (including Dosbox Turbo’s free version, which I installed for test purposes), so the S-Pen itself definitely isn’t the problem. Touch control works as usual.

Is there anything I can do about this? I’ve tried searching Google for anyone else who has the problem, but no dice. I really hope I don’t have to migrate over to Dosbox Turbo…

admin
    Keymaster

Hi,

Please, did you update device to newer android version when spen stopped working?

Can you please enable “fullscreen” in advanced setting and try again spen for non-working right area.

I think these issues can be quickly fixed, I need only more information

Edit: note 2? That probably did not received new update right?

Al ex
    Keymaster

It’s working on my old Note 4, with Marshmallow. The Note 2 is stuck on Kitkat 4.4.2, at least concerning official roms, so maybe it’s some incompatibility between Magic Dosbox’s newer build versions, and the outdated OS version of the Note 2?

Shame I don’t have my Note 2 anymore, it was a great device. Its 1.6 GHz Exynos cpu was faster than the Note 4’s 2.7 GHz Snapdragon. So in case you’re thinking of an upgrade, only buy an Exynos device. These things are incredible for emulators like Magic Dosbox. 🙂

Larrynho
    Participant

Note: Exynos is only better at emulating Dosbox. To emulate any other thing ( consoles ) , snapdragos is miles ahead… not by the Soc perse but for the GPU. Snap have Adreno gpus and Exynos has Mali… and mali has the worst direver support EVER, with vulkan barely working and openg GL missing a bunch of features… not to mention heavy termal throttling. Even for native 3d gaming, Adreno is miles ahead of Mali.

I emulate a lot on my phone and Im not buying another exynos ever, good snapdragons are beefy enough for Dosbox anyways.

Al ex
    Keymaster

You are correct on the gpu. The Adrenos are way better than the Malis.
    Thermal throttling is no issue on my S7 though, whereas I’ve read comparisons of both S7 variants, that showed thermal throttling on the Snapdragon. Plus my experiences with SD cpus has been pretty bad so far, the Note 4’s SD 805 in particular. That thing heats up like crazy, because Qualcomm did the same as Intel with the Pentium 4 – overclock the shit out of an outdated chipset architecture.

I guess it depends on which kind of chipset you’re using. The more recent Snapdragons certainly have caught up, so I stand corrected here. ?

Larrynho
    Participant

Then you are not really using anything heavy on the processor or have the default governor changed :). Take gamecube emulation or native game Nba 2k18… as soon as 30 or so seconds pass the cpu goes from 1500 mhz to 500-600… the game/emu goes from 25-30 fps to 10. You hit multitask and the the governor stops throttling and you quickly get back to the game and its near 30 fps again… again for a few seconds. Theres an cpu strees app that runs into the background that forces the cpu/gpu to stay at 100% but after like 10 minutes or so playing the phone digievolves into an oven :p

Some old snap Soc had severe thermal problems but they improved a lot. 820 and forward outperform the same level exynos/kirin by a lot in real using (maybe not in bemchmarks but…).

admin
    Keymaster

Spen support was updated and fixed. Will work fine in next version 69.

Ketzerfriend
    Participant

Awesome! Thanks a lot for taking care of this. 🙂

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.