Realms of Arkania 1 and 2 (Galaxy Note 8)

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Ah_Ftagn
    Participant

Profile Author

This profile was created by “Ah_Ftagn”, on the Magic Dosbox forums.

Why make a custom layout and profile for this game?

Realms of Arkania 1 and 2 are both very playable with just a mouse (the only use I find I have for the keyboard is typing, in fact!), so why did I make a layout for it?

Simple. The right and left mouse buttons are both used in Realms of Arcania, and an easy way to switch between both is important.

Layout Info

Some layouts for mouse based games are highly complicated, with many buttons. This is not to my tastes, so my goal with this layout was to make it as simple and unobtrusive as possible.

Swiping from right to left activates left click mode (taps count as left clicks), swiping from left to right activates right click mode (taps count as right clicks). Swiping from up to down activates (or deactivates) the keyboard, while swiping from down to up shows or hides a single-widget layer with the telescope (Zoom control) widget, for situations like combat where it’s important to see things as clearly as possible.

Config Info and Notes

As normal, you will need to configure this profile to your specific folder layout and executable or cue/bin/iso locations. It currently uses the same folder structure as I have on my phone’s external SD card.

Both of these exported profiles are configured for MT-32 Emulation by default. In order to play this without the MT-32 ROM files (used for emulating the MT-32 and General MIDI support on Magic Dosbox), you will need to set MIDI support to “Disabled”, and configure the game’s sound using its setup file as normal. Additionally, if you DO want to use MIDI support, you will need to point the profile to where your MT-32 ROM files are.

Currently, this profile is set to use 5xBR-HQ filtering and a frame skip of 2. Phones with less processing power may wish to remove or change the filtering method to something less demanding, and those with powerful phones may wish to set the frameskip to 1 or even 0.

Version Data

This profile is set up for the gog.com english releases, found here: Realms of Arkania 1+2. However, the layout will likely work with any language, due to not relying on text-based GUI elements.

Feel free to translate the text of this post to other languages that the game shipped with and include any necessary data to get it working with other versions of Realms of Arkania 1 and 2. You have my blessing to re-post the profile download links in translated versions of this post, so long as you include a pastebin link to the original text (or simply post the translated version within this topic).

Profile Download Links

Realms of Arkania 1: Blade of Destiny
    Realms of Arkania 2: Star Trail

admin
    Keymaster

Thank you very much, I like it 🙂

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.