Pixel Trap

Tagged: ,

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Miker
    Participant

Started this topic as we touched on it in another thread, try and keep stuff in order.

I’m loving PT, it’s solving all kinds of things for me.

I have a suggestion on it, and I’m thinking it might not be possible due to memory and/or proccesor speed.

IF we could box a certain number of pixels in an location would vastly improve the ‘MISS’ that sometimes happens.

I’m running into it with Daggerfall, not to bad, just increase the number of traps, but if you want to do some testing this is the game to do it on..

It has basically alternating light sources, which causes the pixels to shift color, which for PT could end in disaster..

But as I said adding traps helps.

admin
    Keymaster

Yeah, this might happen. Maybe “OR” on pixel traps?

PT1 or PT2 => execute

Miker
    Participant

Ya actually that makes a lot more sense.

And alot less to keep track off…

Right now my main pop issue is the options menu, Its triggering like crazy, but it’s a small pop window on the main screen so the traps are limited.

But my MAIN window works like a charm. puts mouse where it needs to be, brings up the touch controls regardless of other windows, come back to main and it’s perfect.

And honestly any if, or, and, is good options.

I’m about done with Daggerfall, going to start on Starwars :Dark Forces.

the way the graphics are laid out on that there should be ALOT less missing on the traps.

Miker
    Participant

And a little more on this.

I have a layer setup called BASE. now this layer holds all the actions from some universal DS and PT activation, It’d also be nice to just be able to call a layer in PS, instead of just a key or “combo” which is basically one DS. it’d solve having to assign extra DS’s to to do a particular thing.

I’m going to be uploading my Daggerfall setup here in the next day or so…

Maybe get some input on things I might be missing or better ways to do other things.

Still gotta figure the .mgc files, easier to zip the whole directory. but I’ll figure it.

Miker
    Participant

Ok, have a new question on PT.

As I was saying I was getting spontaneous pop-ups of the options menu. So assigned PT to bring up a widget that said ‘Dummy’ when PT was activated, well When I click options it prints the dummy as it should.

So I decided to go through and check all my materialize and vanish layers, and while checking through the options layers, when I mouse over a PT location it popped the ‘Dummy’ is that normal PT behavior or could it be part of my pop-up problem?

EDIT:

And I’m not able to recreate this now..

OK I added display keyboard to the dummy here’s the screenshots.

PT mouse over

PT mouse over

admin
    Keymaster

I must debug it, i need steps how to reproduce it and the layout…

Miker
    Participant

I’m playing with it a little more actually I’ll run over anything or I shouldn’t say anything but over a dagger main pixel trap and Dagger options pixel trap causes it to do what it’s supposed to do with the pixel trap if you look at the screenshots the first one isn’t hovering over anything the second one is hovering over the dagger main menu layer for controls.

The third one is on dagger options layer and it pops the keyboard for my debugging.

PT pop

Here’s my current entire MDB directory.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1rCNd9es4tNpakcEBd8IvC_SQH7mWXG_m/view?usp=drivesdk

And I just did this because I was curious if it’d actually do it and it did..

curious

Miker
    Participant

And no those spots are not trigger points in the PT. So basically just hover over the area and it pops.

Miker
    Participant

And to let you know my spontaneous pop-up of the options menu had nothing to do with PT, I had an invisible widget on the screen.

admin
    Keymaster

I will check it today at evening, sorry for delay

Miker
    Participant

Your good, I’m just trying to jelp out.. it doesn’t bother me, actually I was lucky I found it as I dont use the mouse arrow but on certain screens..

admin
    Keymaster

Mike I opened first pixel trigger and it seems to be from another game, I think it is raptor. Do I debug correct layout? It is called DARK SETUP?

Miker
    Participant

Not sorry, it’s dagger setup,And I just tried to recreate the options keyboard pop and couldnt. But I did get ot to trip the DOS Layer to the Daggermain layer.

Use the screen to load a saved game, tap options on the bottom, om the top right tap mouse, that’ll put it back to relative, while the options menu is still on the screen slide the mouse from the O in options down to the S, it’ll cause the layers to switch.

Layer Switch

admin
    Keymaster

Okay I debugged it. There is pixel trigger DF-OPT with 8 defined pixels. If all are shown then is triggered “trigger appear” action. If at least one of them is hidden and trigger was previously triggered then is triggered “trigger disappear”.

1. all pixels appears -> appear
    2. hide at least one with cursor -> disappear
    3. move cursor away and all pixels appear -> appear

This is correct, but useful only for simple things…question is how to improve it

Miker
    Participant

Ya, As I said, if/not/then would be extremely useful, not just in this situation but I can think of MANY uses.

I’ll go in today and see if playing with disappeare may help… Haven’t used it yet.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.