Physical mouse on Samsung DeX

Tagged: , ,

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Mastore
    Participant

Hi!

Let me first thank you guy so much for this utterly amazing app. I used Dosbox Turbo before finding Magic Dosbox and setup and performance was almost always bordering on unusable (especially for Daggerfall). But Magic Dosbox makes everything easy and the performance is out of this world on every single game I’ve tried! So many, many thanks again.

My question is this: I’m using Samsung DeX with my Galaxy S9+ and like to play Dos games on my TV using a physical keyboard and mouse. Is there any way to make the mouse behave like a mouse on a computer i.e. when I move my mouse the in-game mouse pointer also moves without having to click and hold? Also, is there any way to enable the right mouse button for right clicking (although I suspect these thing may or may not be Android limitations)?

Absolute mouse and double clicking for right click works well enough, but if the above things were possible it would be absolutely perfect!

Thanks again for an excellent product, arguably one of, if not the, best app on Android!

admin
    Keymaster

Hello,

Thank you very much for warm words.

In next days will go out version 63. And I want work on better mouse support in version 64.

That “click and hold” what you describe is very weird, but I received this report one time in the past. But it was on custom rom, so I though problem is there. Are you on stock rom? Nvidia shield tablet does the some like you describe, but it can be disabled in options. It is called “treat as touch” or something like that.

Maybe it has something todo with android8+, because on older systems it works like is expected. I tried emulator with oreo and it works well. But, from donations was ordered device with android8, so I can check it when it will be at home.
    Can I contact you when start work on that?

Edit : I think I know what is going on. Each even (touch or mouse) holds information from where it came from. I saw broken devices which sent incorect values. Seems on your device, events coming mouse look like events from touchscreen. I can make test app for that to the end of week

Mastore
    Participant

Yes, I think you are right.

Just to clarify: What I mean by click and hold is that, when using absolute mouse, in order to move the game’s mouse pointer around the screen (similar to how it acts with relative mouse), I have to click and hold the mouse button, but this unfortunately also results in a mouse click being registered. Does that make sense? It’s kind of hard to explain exactly.

I am on stock rom, by the way.

admin
    Keymaster

Yes that’s it. If the event is correctly identified like a mouse event then it should work fine. I will need from you some log, but I must create test app first. It takes me fee days, because we have feast in Slovakia. In the log I will see what samsung sends like “source” of that event. It could be unified with touch event, but absolute mouse for touchscreen works differently then absolute mouse for physical mouse. But maybe this can be fixed other way if you have android 8. In this version google adds special support for physical mouse.

Mastore
    Participant

Ok, that sounds promising. 🙂

Take your time and enjoy your feast! It’s not so urgent that you need to hurry with it. 🙂

Please, let me know if I can help you in any way.

admin
    Keymaster

Thanks 🙂 Ok, I’ll contact you.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.