physical keyboard oddity (video inside)

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Privateer
    Participant

Youtube Link

Fast keypresses cause any game to stop registering input. Is there a setting I can play around with, or might this be a chromebook android weirdness?

admin
    Keymaster

I never notice that, I am not sure, but it looks like game behavior and looks reasonable. Mdosbox sends all key presses to game, but game always manages it at the end.

However may be tbat chromebook does something differently, in logs I see f.e one occassional crash which appears only on chrpmebooks and never on android, but behavior such of this looks like coming from game

Privateer
    Participant

I have had the same issue occur in doom and wolfenstein, where a .5 second delay requirement between presses really gets in the way. If there is any way for how I might be able to help out, with logs or what not, please don’t hesitate to ask. Otherwise, thank you for helping me with wing commander in the other thread, and making a really great dos emulator.

admin
    Keymaster

Does it happen if you place virtual key widget on the screen?

Privateer
    Participant

nope, on screen button works just fine. (edit: but if you meant if the hardware key works once there is an onscreen button, no, it doesn’t make a difference in that respect)

It does happen when I’m in the command prompt, which is another indicator that it’s not something on the games end.
    I tried a lesser dosbox program for android that hasn’t been updated since 2015, and that works fine with the keys, but is otherwise far less useable.
    Tomorrow I’ll try an external usb keyboard and see if that will work. 🙂

admin
    Keymaster

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=aws.apps.keyeventdisplay

Can you try this app? I am interested what happens if you press key. Events should be key down on finger down and key up on finger up. Then what happens if you press key and hold it. And chwck these delays.

Privateer
    Participant

Imgur Link

I first pressed down “U” once, and it registered key down and key up.
    I then kept “U” pressed down for a little bit.
    Finally, I tapped the “N” key as fast as I could and every keystroke registered.

If there was a delay, it was quicker than I could register it with my human brain flesh.

admin
    Keymaster

Maybe will be better if we change emails, I will send you email tomorrow.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.