NBA Live 95

Viewing 10 posts - 31 through 40 (of 40 total)
  • Author
    andrewsteff24
    Participant

I’ve done the same, copied the iso and setup directory on internal sd. Coming up with the other error: locateshape – ‘ thum’ SHAPE NOT FOUND. I can enter and brings me to D:\>NBA95>

If i type in nba95 enter, it acts like it might load, but then just goes back to D:\>NBA95>

admin
    Keymaster

The only reason when these issues appear is that you dont mount storage with full write access. Bug is that kitkat reports read-only disk like a write-able. Will try fix it. However it will not work until you dont grant full permissions. You use legacy rom, this is custom rom right? maybe is broken. 2-3 years ago was mdosbox tested on multiple games and worked, i dont know on which android version it was, maybe i can find it on web. If necessary I can share for a test that old version, however you can do the same test with afreebox, free version of dosbox turbo

andrewsteff24
    Participant

http://sectioneight.net/gpd-xd/legacy-rom
    Yeah, legacy rom is a custom, I think specifically for emulators (I’m not entirely sure).

I know it’s not the iso, and it works in Dosbox on my pc. I’ll try on a different dos emulator over the weekend.
    Thanks

Al ex
    Keymaster

Alright. ?
    If you get it to work, please report back. Would be interesting to look into.

admin
    Keymaster

Yes, it’s for emulators, however, 90% emulators dont need write access, they save settings to android’s “registers” or to reserved app cache folder. Maybe author of this rom did bot test it with this kind of emus. I think exagear emus needs write access, others like c64, amiga, ps1,… are fine with read only storage. But, there can be still problem on dosbox side, would be fine find it, I could debug it, but without that device I have no chance. But I can do one thing, I can look in email history and contact guy who tested in the past mdosbox on this device. However it is long time, maybe he sold it

andrewsteff24
    Participant

I finally got it working! It was all just and sd card issue that resulted in many other problems and frustrations.

However, I am now having an issue binding the game pad and d-pad buttons to the keyboard. This wasn’t an issue prior to the update. Any suggestions?

Al ex
    Keymaster

Glad it’s working now for you.
    What exact issue is it you’re talking about? Do you want to map keyboard input to your bluetooth gamepad?

andrewsteff24
    Participant

I don’t have Bluetooth on the device. Before, I was just able to bind the game pad buttons to any key on the keyboard. But now that function isn’t working? I’m going to try with a different game and see if I’m having the same issue.

Al ex
    Keymaster

Ah, now I get it. I forgot, you’re using the GPD xd. Theoretically, it should work, as long as the keyboard input is recognized in general.

andrewsteff24
    Participant

I tried another game that also worked previously. It looks like it is now trying to detect a joystick? I have no option for a keyboard. Even when I go to the welcome page and setup magic dosbox, I can’t even use my d-pad buttons. I have press the screen to move forward.

Viewing 10 posts - 31 through 40 (of 40 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.