NBA Live 95

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 40 total)
  • Author
    Al ex
    Keymaster

Nevermind about the freesize cap. The default 750 MB cap is working. Freesize is only intended to fix a bug in some games that can’t handle the large sizes of modern hard drives / sd cards. So freesize will fool the game into believing you have only e.g. 750 MB available, even when your sd card size is actually 64 or 128 GB.

The nba95.exe is only available after installation. What you need to do for now is, bind your own iso into the profile, then tap the “Choose” button in the Setup section, and select install.exe from the image. Hit the green confirm button to save the profile, and get back to the main menu.
    Then, tap & hold the profile again, select “Edit”. Then tap “Setup” in the lower left corner.

andrewsteff24
    Participant

And now I’m back to my original issue, the hard disk is full. So I moved all the files to my internal storage and followed the same steps, which gets me to the error “locateshape…SHAPE NOT FOUND” from before.

Oh well :/

Al ex
    Keymaster

Holy crap…
    Maybe it’s as easy as a broken iso? The one I found on archive.org is working. Can’t share any links here, and I’ve deleted it already anyway. But a Google search for NBA 95 live iso should get you there. ?

andrewsteff24
    Participant

Yeah, that’s the one I’ve been using too. Archive actually has two, an iso and a zip. Neither will work for me.

Thanks anyways for your help.

Al ex
    Keymaster

No problem, you’re welcome. But that’s not very satisfying, there must be a way. Could be related to the way cd-rom emulation is executed on your phone’s storage.

Let’s wait for a more official statement. I’m only moderator (DOSBox enthusiast, but no coder), maybe Tony (the dev) has a better idea. ?

andrewsteff24
    Participant

I mentioned this in the first comment, but I am running on a GPD xd.

I’ll keep messing around with it; maybe I’ll post a youtube video as well.

Al ex
    Keymaster

Can you export your profile, and post a dl link here? So we can have a look at it, and see if there’s anything unusual (though after you’ve already tried my profile, I can’t promise anything).

andrewsteff24
    Participant
    Al ex
    Keymaster

You did everything right. I grabbed the iso once again, and all I did now was adjust the mountings of your profile. The game’s working perfectly. This is one of the weirdest cases I have ever seen.

Have you already tried another iso?

andrewsteff24
    Participant

I have tried a different iso.

I have to believe it’s my device; just can’t handle it lol.

Al ex
    Keymaster

I’m still curious about the missing request permission button. What Android version is your device running? Could it be Kitkat based? Because Google broke sd card support starting with Lollipop, which made the request permission button necessary.

admin
    Keymaster

Hm or, can you try it on other device? Then we will be sure that problem is not in steps.

Does it happen on both cores? SVN an normal? But weird is that daggerfall has same issues. It sounds like a write access problem. What is your android version please?

I found this thread, sounds similar

andrewsteff24
    Participant

Ah, I believe it is KitKat based.
    Android version 4.4.4
    Model number: Nexus 5
    Build number: LegacyROM-XD Kitkat (ext 4)

I had someone else try the same iso rom and worked on his android device, even using the free version of Magic Dosbox.
    And yes, it happens with both cores.

Is KitKat an issue?
    Thanks for following up

Al ex
    Keymaster

Alright, it looks like a Kitkat issue. I just tried to launch the install on an old Samsung tablet running Kitkat 4.4.4, and I got the same disk full error.
    While that’s nowhere neat a solution, it’s definitely something to work with. ?

Al ex
    Keymaster

And a follow-up: I copied the iso to my internal sd, and setup the dos game directory on the internal sd, and it worked. I also renamed the iso to nba95.iso (no idea if that does anything, but the file name was really long).

So there’s something weird going on with external sd card support in Kitkat. Btw, I also tested with AnDosbox, and got the same bug. So it’s not Magic Dosbox specific, but rather some kind of general OS vs Dosbox conflict.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 40 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.