My MGC games collection

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Larrynho
    Participant

Heya, just did this for a redditor of /r/emulationonandroid and I thought I might share it here too.

REALLY love MDB

MDB Folders

Al ex
    Keymaster

Very nice, quite the collection. 🙂
    Which launcher is that?

admin
    Keymaster

Really nice work 🙂

Larrynho
    Participant

Just S7 standart laucher… used arch and dig as frontends… tried nova launcher too… but in the end I always get bored and get back to stock :p

+ Matrix free theme from Samsung theme store.

Someone321
    Participant

How well does The Sims run on your device?
    I got the Complete Collection working in lbochs x86 emulator, but it works very slow. Like 1 frame per second or worse. It’s slow, but it works! Takes about 30+ minutes to load to the neighborhood screen and ~1 minute to load in the house, it’s kinda playable for me, the worst part is the camera movement.

I have a Galaxy J5 2017, so the performance is obviously going to be terrible compared to your S7. Not sure if the device is what makes it run so slowly, it might be my lbochs configuration but the device is not enough for it for sure. Curious to see if it would work any better in Magic Dosbox.

Al ex
    Keymaster

According to Mobygames, the game requires Win95 and a Pentium MMX. That shouldn’t be a problem on somewhat powerful phones, the S7 can reach Pentium 233 level in some cases.

Larrynho
    Participant

Actually, id does not “work”. Loading takes an insane amount of time (like 4-6 minutes); colors ingame are all over the place, and crashes frequently :/ When loading, in “Calculating Money Supply” it freezes more often than not.

I did battle a bit with it some time ago but left it there.

Someone321
    Participant

In that case, I won’t even bother fiddling with it in Magic Dosbox. It works well enough in lbochs, looks same as the it was on PC, except it runs much slower.

I got similar load times but with no expansions. Once you get the expansions, the loading time drastically increases.

Thanks for the replies though!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.