MT-32 emulation

Tagged: , ,

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Srandista
    Participant

I’m playing lot of Sierra games lately, and found out, that the best possible music option is Roland MT-32. On some PC versions of (enhanced) DOSBox, there is MT-32 emulation support included, could this be implemented into Magic DOSBox as well?

Munt with DOSBox patch on GitHub

Al ex
    Keymaster

Magic Dosbox already supports MT32, as well as General Midi. You can enable it either in the sounds settings, or, with more advanced tweaking options, in expert settings. All you need is the (copy protected) MT32 ROM files. 🙂

admin
    Keymaster

MDosbox implements MIDI support via munt mt-32 and via sound fonts – synt. Sound fonts are emulated faster, but you need correct sound font. Some games sounds better with mt32 and some with sound font. Try search in application help, there should be more info.

Srandista
    Participant

Thank you for quick answer. I tried it yesterday and as expected, it works as it should. Maybe it would be nice to update site, since later, when I tried find some information about MT-32 support in Magic DOSBox, I was only able to find it on forum, not on main site itself.

Al ex
    Keymaster

Good point. Btw, for perfect quality, make sure you’re using 44.1 or 48 kHz. At 22.5 kHz, MT-32 emulation sounds a bit rough.

admin
    Keymaster

Yes, website docs is outdated. I will try fix that.

Al ex
    Keymaster

Fixed the entry. ?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.