Might and magic 3

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    zombo
    Participant

Hello friends. Sorry I speak english. It may be hard to understand me. I recently downloaded Magic Dosbox because I was having trouble running my game with other android dos emulators.
    I have a Samsung galaxy s5 and my version of the game is called might and magic trilogy. I have tried to install mm3 because it will not play otherwise. When I try to install the game or any of the other games from trilogy, it only copies all files for all of the games into a new folder. It doesn’t actually install a game. I am able to install it easily on my desktop pc but not on android. I also tried to copy all related files from pc to android after installation but that will not work either. When I try to run the game I installed on pc it will slowly show the first screen that says new world computing and then it stops. Thank you

admin
    Keymaster

Hi,

Might and Magic 3 should run without issues with Magic Dosbox. How do you install mm3 on pc? Via dosbox or it has windows installer. Is it GoG version?

In many cases is issue like this caused with incorect sound card setting. Almost every game has in game folder setup.exe, setsound.exe or similar program. Probably you need to update game configuration based on settings in mDosbox game profile.

Best regards,
    Tony

zombo
    Participant

Thank you for quick reply. I install mm3 through Dosbox. It is not the Gog version but still installs easy on my Windows Vista pc and Windows 10 laptop.
    I’m not exactly sure how to update my game configuration based on settings in mDosbox game profile.
    I have changed many settings in the game configuration each time I restart. I turned sound off, changed memory to 8,16,24,32,48 and 64. Changed cpu, performance and cd rom settings but so far no change

admin
    Keymaster

Hmm, ok in mDosbox let all settings on default :

Set:
    Memory 8MB or 16MB
    Performance : auto or set custom and inside game 6000 cycles
    Sound card : Sound Blaster 16

On pc install mm3 with support for sound blaster.

Now, very often is problem with transfering files from pc to android device – files may be broken during transfer. To prevent it do following:

Make Zip file from installed folder with mm3 on pc. Transfer zip to android and extract it there using some unrar app from google play. This way you will be sure that files are not broken.

Try load extracted game with mDosbox.

If it still fails, then try install game with disabled sound card. Transfer it to android. In mDosbox profile set sound blaster : disabled. If it starts fine then you’ll know that trouble is in bad sound card settings

Best regards,
    Tony

zombo
    Participant

Ok thank you Tony. I will try and let you know the results

zombo
    Participant

Thank you for helping me get it up and running. It works great! I went ahead and bought the full version of mdosbox.

admin
    Keymaster

Thank you very much for support, I really apreciate it.

Maybe small hint. MM3 has not so accurate absolute mouse. You can fix that in advanced settings->manual mouse fix. If I remember well…correct values are 320×200 or 319×199. And you check mgc file sharing section here on forum, ChrisG made good layout for mm3:)

zombo
    Participant

Ok thank you. I will try the absolute mouse adjustments

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.