Master of Orion hangs

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    lbernstone
    Participant

I am trying to play Master of Orion (the original) in Magic Dosbox. This works with no special configuration on my PC (linux 16.04 – dosbox 0.74), but hangs when I run the executable on android. I suspect the problem is a video config, as it never even flips the screen to video mode. I have played with the machine type, and if I switch it down to vga or earlier, the app just fails back to the command prompt without any error. I can run the installer, and have disabled all sound in there, and set the dosbox configuration to match. Any ideas on how to debug the problem?

admin
    Keymaster

Hi, hard to say without having the game for testing. Master of Orion is common and often played with Magic dosbox. In situations like this is often problem in sound configuration. Yes, try disable sound in game configuration first and give it a try. Or run autodetection. Let machine at default value. I don’t have MoO by hand, but it should have setup.exe in game folder.

And at the end you can try pure installaion process. This should help at 99%:) Let me know

Al ex
    Keymaster

Try this config. It’s working for me, both with MT32 and Soundblaster music.
    You’ll have to adjust the mounting in expert commands to match your device’s file system & game location.
    Seems like something in the standard UI settings prevents the game from loading, I get a black screen after the intro & menu. It only works with expert settings.

Al ex
    Keymaster

OK, seems the issue is related to memsize. Set mem=16 or 32, this should fix it.

admin
    Keymaster

Thanks Alex, I’ll set 16MB of ram by default in next version

Tony

lbernstone
    Participant

It must have just been file corruption on my sd card. Copied it back over (and diff’d the files this time). It works fine now with default settings.

Al ex
    Keymaster

Glad you got it solved (man, email noification is working nicely now! ?)

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.