Magic Dosbox on Samsung Fold 3

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    phoenixbyrd
    Participant

Loving magic dosbox on my fold 3, have a growing library, here’s my most recent screenshot! https://imgur.com/a/oDABEM7

Al ex
    Keymaster

The Fold 3? That’s the perfect device for DOS emulation, I’m a bit jelaous. 😉
    And that’s a great collection of games. 👍

phoenixbyrd
    Participant

Yea, fold 3 has been amazing so far! Only issue I’m having right now is finding a premade .img with sims on it. Tried converting a vdi to img but it wouldn’t boot.

phoenixbyrd
    Participant

Got close to getting Sims to run, realized I could mount a 2gb drive img so I threw my sims folder into that from my raspberry pi I ran with box86, started to run but then shut down and won’t run again.

phoenixbyrd
    Participant

Need a way to edit .img drives right on android, tired of switching back and forth to the windows pc

phoenixbyrd
    Participant

Didn’t work, tried a couple other games but they were a no go too.

admin
    Keymaster

There is a way. First, make a zip of your game. Then create new profile and mount drive c: to local storage. Then mount d: to your img file. Start northon commander and copy zip file from c: to d:

phoenixbyrd
    Participant

AWESOME!!! Thanks for the tip! Just gave a quick try, exactly what I needed! Don’t need the windows pc now! Been trying to use my fold 3 as my main pc/device since I’ve gotten it so this helps a ton towards that goal. I use Geforce Now to play games from my steam library and magic dosbox for all my older favorites!

admin
    Keymaster

Great. Btw, if you transfer win95 games, then I recommend to have installed win95 on 2gb image. Do not forget, if you transfer win95 games this way, then zip it first, copy zip to c: and then use old winrar for win95 to unzip to d: It is important, because dos uses 8.3 files (8 characters for name and 3 characters for extension). This means, copying in dos will change longer file names to 8.3

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.