Low efficiency during emulation, Xiaomi Redmi 4X

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    vesslan
    Participant

Hello I have a problem with such a weak efficiency while emulation. I own the Xiaomi Redmi 4X with 3GB RAM memory and Snapdragon 435. I’d like to play Deluxe Ski Jump 2 but there is too little FPS during game, I tried almost everything but I’ve not improved the gameplay yet. I’ve even rooted my phone to change DPI and resolution but still nothing happend. Do you have any solutions if my phone i just too weak for MS DOS emulation?

Al ex
    Keymaster

Most Snapdragons are very weak when it comes to emulation, and the entry level 400 series in particular. On a SD 410 device for example, I got only 4100 realtics in the Doom benchmark, which is exactly as “fast” as my very first Android phone, a Galaxy S1 with 1 GHz Exynos single core cpu.

You can run this benchmark, and share the result here, so we can tell which performance level your phone has:

Benchmark

admin
    Keymaster

I found this link :

http://www.mediamond.fi/forum/viewtopic.php?t=778

Seems this game needs 80 000 cycles. That’s not fan on snapdragon 🙁

admin
    Keymaster

I got it work almost fine, still slower but playable with cycles=120%, now realticks are around 1600. Strange why that game needs so much power, it looks pretty simple

vesslan
    Participant

I did the test and result is 2450 realtics, not good. How do you think, are there any possibilities for my phone to play the game playable at least? If the answer is positieve, how to set the app for best efficiency?

Al ex
    Keymaster

Best way to improve performance is to root the phone, and then set governor=performance. You can do this e.g. with Kernel Adiutor (free).

admin
    Keymaster

My phone scores 1800 in Benchmark on stock rom. I enabled expert settings and used settings :

cycles=max 120%
    memory=32
    core=dynamic

[sblaster]
    sbtype=sb2

or

disable sound completely. “rate” for music and mixer set to 16000.

Now it is on my phone playable, even still not at full speed. But my phone is not rooted, maybe you can get good performance, because your is.

I noticed that game runs worse if I set cycles manually. Best it was with cycles 120%

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.