Looking for ideal Duke3d setup

Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 45 total)
  • Author
    duke3d.exe
    Participant

How do I test? is it already released?

admin
    Keymaster

I can make beta version next week. I must add your gmail account to testers. But here I must tell, that google requires payment for beta too. It was not before, maybe they have bug. But I can refund you if you will be not satisfied.

Enslaved
    Participant

You can strafe and shoot, i made it, see my post above.

Strafe and shoot
    Mouselook and shoot
    Walk and shoot…

You just had…forget it. I explained everything already.

There was no need to code a new beta, happy you that he’s such a good and potent coder! 🙂

admin
    Keymaster

It was definitely good idea. I implemented features which can help in many situations. Now you can stack widgets on the same place and trigger them all with one touch. I used it in Star Wars : Dark forces. Game is controlled with joystick and mouse, left/right on joystick does turn to left/right, but there is none setup which allows to change turning to strafing. You must press another button and then you strafe. So I placed that button and joystick over self and now it works fine.

duke3d.exe
    Participant

#5873 Not really, you can’t properly play a fps without Beloko’s controls on a touchscreen. I hope this turns out right.

admin
    Keymaster

It will be fine with new version. Of course you need atomic version due inverted mouse aiming and you must use keys for strafing and forward/backward what is not so accurate like movement in ports, but it works perfectly event without that.

Meanwhile I tested games like doom, blood, chasm and now I play skynet. This type of controls is definitely better.

duke3d.exe
    Participant

If you need individual keys to go forward/backward/strafing then you can’t do diagonal movements… this is a big problem with fps.

Unless you can press at the same time forward+left/forward+right/backward+left/backward+right buttons, kind of like the controls for the PSX which had separate buttons but you could press them at the same time:

Im not sure how that would turn out in a touchscreen tho.

Also please include some default profiles so we can select them and start playing and spend as less time as possible tweaking. Like a “fps button layout” profile, another one for RTS..etc.

Larrynho
    Participant

About dark forces.. how did you do it? mouse aiming moves the character forward and backward too, that makes the game mostly unplayable with mouse. For strafe left and strafe right you can assign , and . as single keys.

admin
    Keymaster

Yes, thats trick 🙂

Deadly strike has new action “lock y mouse”. This prevents forward/backward

You must do it on button, in game enable it, in menu disable

Then I enabled native 2axis joystick and below virtual joystick I placed button which activates strafing. Joystick is on top with enabled “non blocking” and disabled “deactivate on leave”. Button below has same size like joystick and has disabled “deaaxtivate on leave”

Thid way you trigger joystick and button for strafing at once

Larrynho
    Participant

Ok !

Saw it, got the game working like a modern fps now… so freaking nice man !

duke3d.exe
    Participant

Can you record a video playing? I mean a video of your actual fingers seen with the phone, not an on-screen video, to see how it plays.

admin
    Keymaster

No, this feature is out and works well. Now I work on other things.

Larrynho
    Participant

Can confirm… got several fps’s working with mouselook without any problema using playstore version, all build engine games, rise of the triad, dark forces, magicc carpet 2 , alien trilogy…

duke3d.exe
    Participant

Can you record a video playing? one with aiming up/down.

duke3d.exe
    Participant

Can someone make a gameplay video showcasing the new layout?

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 45 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.