Lineage OS and magic dosbox?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    KGMattson
    Participant

Hi!

Im thinking of buying a NVidia Shield k1 tablet to use with magic dosbox. But the K1 tablet is running android 7.0 and cannot be updated any further. The thing is that I would like to have android 8.0 (to be able to hide the system mouse cursor when playing with mouse).

I googled and found that the K1 tablet can run something called ”Lineage OS”, a OS that is based on android 8.0..? Will magic dosbox run and work on ”Lineage OS” based devices?

Al ex
    Keymaster

It should. Rooting or flashing a custom OS is always risky, and potentially buggy, but it’s still Android after all.

It seems like you have no experience with this kind of stuff though (forgive me if I’m wrong), so I strongly advise you to read all you can find about it beforehand. You can easily brick your device with just one false step during the process.

admin
    Keymaster

I have no experiences with this os. ChromeOS cant hide cursor, this is tested and some custom roms have problems with sdcard permissions. But i think this should work. Btw, there are better tablets like shield in these days if you are going to buy new.

KGMattson
    Participant

Okay, thanks! 🙂

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.