L2/R2 Not Mappable

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 34 total)
  • Author
    DarkTyrian
    Participant

Hoping someone can help me figure this one out since I can’t find anything anywhere on this issue.

For some reason I don’t have the L2/R2 triggers as mappable buttons in the joystick mapping section. I have gamepad buttons, dpad, left and right joystick but no triggers. The triggers don’t even get recognized in the gamepad buttons section.

I am using an new Xbox One S Bluetooth controller and all buttons function in other emulator that I use, so I know they work.

Anyone know what’s going on or how I can debug this?

The Game Foxx
    Participant

I have the same issue. Many android apps dont know how to recognise an analog trigger input. I was setting up my moga cotroller to use in duke nukem 3d and the same thing happens to me.

admin
    Keymaster

This is a bit messy. Manufacturers creates gamepads with L1/R1 and L2/R2 like a buttons or axis. Happens that they L2/R2 is not real L2/R2, instead they send L1/R1 axis, but label is L2/R2. Ok, what I want to say is, that Magic Dosbox does not handle axis brake/gas which are not L2R2, but many manufacturers label them like L2/R2. In next version this will be fixed and in buttons mapper you will see L2/brake or R2/gas by detecting these buttons

The Game Foxx
    Participant

This will be a nice addition, especially if i can get dosbox running on my mvidia shield. I havent tried yet but with that extra input available it should make mapping more complex games much more intuitive

I take it you have used the controller on other games ? Do you directly sync an xbox one controller via system bluetooth or is there an app used to configure them ? I have a ps4 controller, it will sync via system bluetooth but it isnt mapable and its mapped wrong ….way wrong the only things correctly allocated were the hats (dpad). Wasnt registring as the wrong controller, 3rd party app was required to fix (sixaxis controller requires root . Root is necessary to bypass the systems bluetooth with the one i needed. Weird though xbox controllers uses the generic abxy set up by default the only oddity i saw on the xbox 360 controller was it included a value for dead centering on all axes (plural for axis?)that is not found on any other make .

admin
    Keymaster

All nvidia shield devices detects L2/R2 correctly. They dont have problems 🙂

I think the issue is there is no vendor keylayout for the xbox one (i dont see it anywhere in system/usr/keylayout) i wonder if he can trick his device into thinking its an xbox 360 controller? I trick mine into thinking my ps4 controller is a ps3. Does it show up as xbox one s controller when it syncs? Android labeled mine a sony wireless controller which is incorrect in terms of keylayout. I use a third party app (sixaxis controller) to sync it and remapp it might help (requires root)

admin
    Keymaster

This should be fixed in latest version

DeathWalk
    Participant

Hello, tis is my first port so hi everyone

First of all, thank you for this increible app and all the stuffs that you are adding.

IË‹m wondered because I have a xbox one controller and I still having issue with the right stick and the L2/R2 buttons. I would like to play FPS using te right stick to aim and the triggers to shot in games like Duke Nukem, blood, redneck rampage….

Any way to make this work?

Al ex
    Keymaster

Welcome! ?

Are you completely unable to map these buttons? Like, they aren’t even detected when you’re for example Voodoo Control–>Joystick/Gamepad buttons?
    I’m asking because I’m using an Xbox controller clone (a GameSir G4s), and Magic Dosbox is detecting all buttons perfectly fine. The right joystick is only detected via Voodoo Control–>Joystick/Right joystick though, but can be remapped there.

DeathWalk
    Participant

Thank you for the fast reply.

In the voodoo control panel I only have 2 sticks, the left that is correct but if I setup the right joystick, the L2 and R2 are maped, no the right stick. And I haven´t got more stick to set the Right or L2 and R2. I can set the shot with R2 setting the shot button to the down arrow, but i can set the right stick to the look wit mouse.

admin
    Keymaster

Please can you explain your issue a bit more, I am not sure what is the problem. Do you have trouble bind L2/R2 or right stick?

First is important to be sure that joystick works. Please can you download gamepad tester app from google play? I need to know which axis are in move if you press problematic stick or button

DeathWalk
    Participant

Hello,

When I setup the voodoo if I bind the right stick, in game it dosen´t work but if I press the L2/R2 trigers the action of the the right stick is done, so if I set to turn right/left in the right stick, in game if I move the right stick nothing happend but if I press the L2/R2 I turn right and if I stop pressign then I go to the left.

If I use the ps4 controller tester app I see that if I move right stick the R2/L2 buttons are pressed. I think that is a Xbox controller issue. Any idea how can I fix ts without root?

admin
    Keymaster

Hi,

Can you download “gamepad tester” app? It should record which axis code is pressed. I need codes for L2/R2 and right stick. It should look like axis_hatx, axis_rz etc…How do you connect your gamepad with android? Probably you use conversion application, cannot be issue there? Maybe wrong conversion. I can look at sources tomorrow and write here which codes are expected for right stick.

Al ex
    Keymaster

For comparison, here are the values for my gamepad:

# Device name: Gamesir-G4s
    # Device id : Vendor_05ac_Product_022d

# key
    key 312 BUTTON_L2
    key 313 BUTTON_R2

# axis
    axis 00 X
    axis 01 Y
    axis 0b Z
    axis 0f HAT_X
    axis 10 HAT_Y
    axis 0e RZ
    axis 17 BRAKE
    axis 16 GAS

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 34 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.